Launcher isn’t loading and when I try to play it just goes black then closes

by gypsygeee

Original Post

Re: Launcher isn’t loading and when I try to play it just goes black then closes

★★★★ Novice

Okay no worries and oh yes thank you, I will do that now. 

Is spawning creating or copying? 

Could you talk me through the spawning a new game folder part? 

Do I delete TS3 folder that’s in the electronic arts folder and make a new one? 

Do I then copy over the mods folder from the TS3 desktop folder that we copied yesterday? 

With deleting caches, do you mean the DCCache folder that is in the EA folder? 

Message 21 of 22 (333 Views)

Re: Launcher isn’t loading and when I try to play it just goes black then closes

@gypsygeee  Yes, spawning is creating, as in, the game will create the new folder itself.  I take it you still have your original game folder somewhere, with all your content?  Then you can trash the newer one that's currently in Documents and let TS3 create a fresh one.  (If you moved over some of your files to this newer game folder instead of copying them, or you're not sure, just rename this folder TS3-new or something like that and move it elsewhere, so you can go back to it later if necessary.)

Once there's no Sims 3 folder in Documents\EA, launch the game as far as the Main Menu, then quit.  Delete the five cache files that sit directly in the new folder (CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache); there's nothing in DCCache you need to worry about right now.  Then copy over your whole Mods folder from your old game folder to your new one.  Launch the game again.  If it crashes or otherwise doesn't load, take a screenshot of the contents of Mods\Packages and attach it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 22 (329 Views)