Re: Launcher Login Welcome Tab - Cannot Log In

by MikeDieselll

Original Post

★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@dawnslight Do you use any mods or custom content? Also could you please post your DxDiag? To post the DxdDiag select the 'Choose File' button below the post box and attach your DxDiag text file. 

Thank you!

Hi, I understand custom content meaning things I purchased from the Sims 3 store? If so, then yes, I do.  I don't know what mods are... Embarrassed

I had gotten help by chat a couple times.

The troubleshooting processes I did was:

a) delete the cache's 

b) reset the internet explorer

c) uninstall and then reinstall the game.

All of this did not help immediately... but then miraculously it did.

BUT - For me to be able to play a game and continue after quitting I have to:

a) restart my computer,

b) go to Origin and "repair" the game (because I have several extension packs and stuff packs),

c) then after opening the launcher I make sure I have checked all the packs and check that all the things I bought from the store are still there.

So far, that worked for me.. I hope it will continue to do the same.

In any case, attached is the DxDiag.

Message 21 of 30 (745 Views)

EA Staff

@dawnslight Glad to hear that it is at least some what working now Standard smile

It sounds like some processes for the game are not shutting down properly when you quit the game. If this gets annoying enough, I would recommend doing a manual uninstall of Sims 3 (back up your saves first) and then re-download/re-install from Origin.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 22 of 30 (737 Views)

★ Novice
You are a life saver you shoud work for ea cuz who theu have dont k ow what they doing thanks
Message 23 of 30 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem as jackie

Message 24 of 30 (713 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@dawnslight Glad to hear that it is at least some what working now Standard smile

It sounds like some processes for the game are not shutting down properly when you quit the game. If this gets annoying enough, I would recommend doing a manual uninstall of Sims 3 (back up your saves first) and then re-download/re-install from Origin.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you!  It keeps happening... next time I'll try it this way too.  Standard smile

Message 25 of 30 (705 Views)

★ Novice

The resest worked!!! thanks guys

Message 26 of 30 (686 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still having the error and I have google chrome is there anything I can do?

Message 27 of 30 (665 Views)

EA Staff

@CutieKitsune Could  you please try the following: 

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

After this try the logging in again.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 28 of 30 (661 Views)

★ Novice

That's it. :eahigh_file:

Michelle Haggard you ARE a Hero!

Though I have multiple browsers on my Windows 10 PC, I believe the game always chooses Internet Explorer browser versus Microsoft Edge browser. So, in short ...

THE FIX IS TO...go to your Windows field (bottom left screen on task bar) and type in "Internet Explorer". Now open it and click on the gear symbol (upper right of Internet Explorer) then click on "Internet Options" then click on the "Advanced" tab (all the way to right) and look at the bottom of that tab and click on Reset and then click Reset again in that pop up window. Done! That should do it. I immediately saw my Launcher window that used to have the HTTP 500 error screen then quickly load the web info that I am used to seeing. 

This also fixes trying to log in to the launcher. It finally worked for me. 

What troubles me is that EA Help support was of no use to me. The answers are here on the forum supported by users troubleshooting THEIR applications/web code. I had an EA support person just reset my password and called it a day. They even said "trust me...that's the issue". SMDH. All they have to do is keep a good knowledge base. This is a common issue that I am sure they get but refuse to keep their knowledge base to help customers. Plain lazy. Blizzard please, purchase these guys and show 'em how it's done!

Message 29 of 30 (618 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello I’m gonna start off by saying that I have tried everything in my power to fix this problem, it’s 2018 and It’s still happening. I’ve reinstalled the game
Updated origin
Changed my browser settings
Deleted browser history
Deleted temporary files
Run as administrator
Nothing works! It’s getting real irritating now. It’s so fishy to me that I spend money to buy new content and download it and the following day it stops working. I need help and no one seems to know the answer
Message 30 of 30 (502 Views)