It says I've done all the achievement/badges ingame

by amaliepus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It says I've done all the achievement/badges ingame

★ Novice

I have contacted the support for EA games, and they can't help me.
My problem is that if I start up the sims 3 game it says I have only 1 achievement/badge left before I have done them all. And I know that that's not the case, because when I log in to sims 3 on the website, it says that I still miss many of the achievement/badges..
The things I've tried: 
- Delete sims 
- Delete Origin
- Clear Cashe
- Troubleshooting the sims 3
- I've reset password on my sims account 
- Deleted the families I was playing on when this problem occur. (The bug or whatever it is just came out of the blue.) 

..Please help me, I'm an achievement hunter.  (: 

Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It says I've done all the achievement/badges ingame

@amaliepus  First of all, not all badges correspond to in-game achievements.  There are a few related to sharing memories, adding friends on the store page, having your gallery uploads recommended, etc.  Additionally, a few badges were apparently time-limited and have ended.  I'm not sure exactly how many badges are for game-related achievements and are still available, but you can sort your list by completed/incompleted and count.

One other thing to note is that if you load the game with a pack deactivated in the launcher, the unearned achievements for that pack won't show up in-game.  (I'm not sure whether the completed badges would show, but certainly the uncompleted ones don't.)  So if you were, for example, starting a new account—no achievements—with just the base game active, you'd only see 70 badges total.

Having said all that, it's also possible that your ChallengeData.package has become corrupted.  Not seeing all available badges is one sign of this; another is not receiving a badge after completing the requirements.  You can create a new one, if necessary, although you'll lose all of your progress towards the badges you haven't earned.  Your existing badges will stay intact, though.  Here's how to generate a new ChallengeData:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16527415/#Comment_16527415

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (390 Views)

All Replies

@amaliepus  First of all, not all badges correspond to in-game achievements.  There are a few related to sharing memories, adding friends on the store page, having your gallery uploads recommended, etc.  Additionally, a few badges were apparently time-limited and have ended.  I'm not sure exactly how many badges are for game-related achievements and are still available, but you can sort your list by completed/incompleted and count.

One other thing to note is that if you load the game with a pack deactivated in the launcher, the unearned achievements for that pack won't show up in-game.  (I'm not sure whether the completed badges would show, but certainly the uncompleted ones don't.)  So if you were, for example, starting a new account—no achievements—with just the base game active, you'd only see 70 badges total.

Having said all that, it's also possible that your ChallengeData.package has become corrupted.  Not seeing all available badges is one sign of this; another is not receiving a badge after completing the requirements.  You can create a new one, if necessary, although you'll lose all of your progress towards the badges you haven't earned.  Your existing badges will stay intact, though.  Here's how to generate a new ChallengeData:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16527415/#Comment_16527415

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much, it was the last thing u wrote, and thank you for the link! Now I can continue playing sims 3 and not start playing sims 4 (just yet) Wink
Message 3 of 3 (383 Views)