Re: Is it safe to download custom content for my sims 3 game?

by DanteMan66

Original Post

Is it safe to download custom content for my sims 3 game?

★★★ Novice
So basically, yesterday, after a few hours of downloading the Sims 3 and all the expansion packs, encountering 200 problems along the way, ranging from unknown errors to installation problems and speaking to a couple of advisors to help me with installing the game. Thankfully, with all of that generous help, i successfully installed the Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs with it ( apart from High End Loft stuff i was too lazy to download it). My expansions right now that are downloaded are Sims 3 University Life and Late Night. So im having a great time playing thr game, and i stumble across the Simd Resource site with custom content ( more specifically a hairstyle) that I ABSOLUTELY ADORED. So i really want to get this cc ( its called the Quinm Fabray hair from Glee), but im terrified it will cause problems to my Sims 3 game, and i do not want to have to repair all of the problems ( if i encounter some) if the cc does create some. Any opinions? I really want it, but I dont want this to destroy my game...
Message 1 of 3 (2,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Players are advised to use CC at their own risk as EA does screen or support CC/mods directly but allows for players to have CC/mods if they want. I personally use CC in the Sims 3 with no issues. The Sims Resource is quite a reputable CC downloading site, so most downloads are safe but I would still advise having antivirus on your PC.

CC doesn't usually after the game, just adds new things, so even if an issue is created. By removing the CC from the mods file you will have the game back to usual, so it isn't going to be a long, tiresome process to fix IF in the rare, unlikely even, it causes an issue.

Message 2 of 3 (2,722 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thnx a lot. Haha tbh i downoaded my custom content at my own risk and it didnt create problems. Yay!
Message 3 of 3 (2,710 Views)