Invalid code when I try to register the game

by dawnhowie

Original Post

INVALID SERIAL NUMBER!

★★★ Newbie

I bought sims 3 generations ep today online (on the origin store) and the serial code won't work. I can't dowload the game or register it on the Sim 3 website. It says that it has already been used. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very exasperated!

Message 11 of 24 (2,890 Views)

Website saying product codes are invalid.

★★★★★ Newbie

I just bought World Adventures and Seasons on Origin, literally this morning. After signing into the website and trying to register my game - BOTH are saying invalid. Which doesn't make sense because a: I've copy and pasted the code in so it's not incorrect, b: bought it online so it's not used and c: only have one account with EA.

Someone please help? I was really looking forward to the Seasons costumes. 

Message 12 of 24 (2,861 Views)

Invalid serial code

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I have just purchased the sims 3, just installed the sims 3, created an account for origin, started the game up....

as soon as i try to register on the sims 3 community bit, it asks me to enter my serial code and it's saying it's not valid!?!

How is that possible!? ive only just opened the case!
I've tried to enter the code in caps lock, in lowercase. i've tried to restart the game again and I keep getting the same thing.
what can i do? Kind of ruins the whole sims experience if I can't use all the features!

Message 13 of 24 (2,889 Views)

INVALID SERIAL CODE

★★★ Newbie

i boight The sims showtime katty perry edition though gamstop.com i was able to downlaod it thru origin but when i try to register it thru my sims 3 page it says "The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit." why cant i register it?

Message 14 of 24 (2,896 Views)

Invalid Code

★★★ Newbie
Good day sir /ma'am,

I purchased this game about a month ago. When I tried to register the game online, the serial code I was provided with was rejected and considered invalid.  haven't used the code before. I don't know the reason why it didn't work. Please help me on this matter. Thank you.

Allan  
Message 15 of 24 (2,889 Views)

Invalid emailadres/password

★ Novice

Hello,

I just bought The Sims 3 (base game), right after I got the game I activated it on origin. After that I tried to activate it on thesims3.com but it says:

The serial code you entered is invalid.

Well then I started up the sims 3 via origin (downloaded the newest updates) and when the game starts it began connecting right away, leaving me with the message that my e-mailadres/password is invalid.

How can I fix this?

Message 16 of 24 (2,893 Views)

Product Code invalid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I purchased the game online yesterday & tried registration it several times, I don't know what I did wrong but now I try to enter my code in my account & it refuse it.

At least can I know which account I created had my code ?

The code is   (edit: code removed for security reasons)

Thank you in advance Standard smile

Message 17 of 24 (2,891 Views)

Serial Code Invalid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with this. I'd like to download a few things from The Exchange, but in order to do that, I need to register my game. When I go to enter my Serial Code, it displays this message: "The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit."

I purchased this game when it was new, meaning no one else could have used it.  If anyone could offer some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 18 of 24 (2,911 Views)

Sims 3 Serial Code Invalid

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought the Sims 3 for the PC and when I placed it in my laptop and installed it I had to enter the serial code for Origin. I entered that and everything was fine but then when I went to sign up for the Sims3.com and register my game to access the Exange and so on the website said that I had an invalid serial code. I entered it about 20 times so I know I'm typing it in right. Please help me resolve this issue so I can play this game I love so much.

Message 19 of 24 (2,871 Views)

Re: Invalid code

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

When you purchase The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you no longer need to manually register your product through The Sims 3’s website. Just make sure that your Origin account details match the details of your Sims account, and Origin will register your products for you.

If you already have an Origin account and bought The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you do not need to create an account on the Sims 3 website. Just log in with your Origin account and you should be able to see your products on your "My Page" website.

Please read more about that here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 20 of 24 (4,614 Views)