Invalid code when I try to register the game

by dawnhowie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invalid code when I try to register the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought the Sims 3 yesterday and IM trying to register it and it is saying invalid code how is that possible?

Message 1 of 24 (2,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invalid code

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

When you purchase The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you no longer need to manually register your product through The Sims 3’s website. Just make sure that your Origin account details match the details of your Sims account, and Origin will register your products for you.

If you already have an Origin account and bought The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you do not need to create an account on the Sims 3 website. Just log in with your Origin account and you should be able to see your products on your "My Page" website.

Please read more about that here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 20 of 24 (4,616 Views)

All Replies

Activation Code

★ Newbie

I have purchased the Sims Late night expansion set today at Game,.  The activation code given is not working, can you tell me what the problem is. 

I have noticed that this game is not listed on your drop down menu is this why.

Please response not very impressed with this service, would prefer to speak to people.

Message 2 of 24 (2,048 Views)

My serial code is invalid?

★★★ Newbie

I keep trying to register my game so I can get my free sim points, but every time I enter my serial code it tells me it's invalid, although it worked for the game to install. I saw that some others were having issues with their serial codes as well. I'm just trying to register the base game.

Message 3 of 24 (2,046 Views)

Cant get sims3 game registerd

★★ Novice

Hi ea, my dilema is:

I have bought sims3 and now want to get it on to the sims3 website but it wont let me. I have registared it in origin and it has let me. I wasnt to botherd until I got pets and if I register my game on the sims3 website i get more items. Because I "havent" registerd my base game I cant register pets. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, HELP!!!!

Thank you xxx

Message 4 of 24 (2,046 Views)

How do I link up my ...

★★★ Newbie

How do I lnk up my origin account with my sims account... I want to download things but i can because it keeps saying my serial code is invalid. Its a brand new game.  So I'm guessing its because my origin acount already has it registered.. So how am i supposed to link them together? Please help... 

Message 5 of 24 (2,029 Views)

Game activation

★★★ Newbie

I just activated my World Adventure on origin and now I can't register it on the Sims community because it says that the code was is already registered, and the opposite happens to my ambitions game, I activated it on community first and now I can't activate it in the origin! Frown

Message 6 of 24 (2,030 Views)

Invalid Serial Code

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Dear Sirs,

I have just purchased SIMS 3 and following creation of an Origin Account and software install I cannot progress any further as the New User Registration screen states that the serial code is invalid, which is really frustrating.

The product was purchased from PLAY.com and the serial number is (edit: code removed for security reasons)

If you could help it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Message 7 of 24 (2,029 Views)

I Can't Register My Sims 3 Games on the Sims 3 Website?

★★★ Newbie

I got most digitally from Origin but I also bought Supernatural and registered it but no matter what I do, when I try to sign up, it says invalid. Is there anything I can do about this? 

Message 8 of 24 (2,029 Views)

Serial code

★★★ Newbie

I bought The Sims 3 Seasons online and I went to register the game and my serial code will not work. Please help.

Message 9 of 24 (2,020 Views)

Can't Register my game

★★ Newbie

Hi,

I recently purchased the Sims 3 and a few expansion packs after my originals were lost. I downloaded them from Origin directly onto my laptop and am now trying to register them. On all the games I bought when I go to register them it says that the serial code is incorrect. How can I correct this?

Message 10 of 24 (2,018 Views)