Install Sims 3 on Computer with No Disk Drive

by trinity-ay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Install Sims 3 on Computer with No Disk Drive

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I have Sims 3 and several expansion packs (Into The Future, Island Paradise, World Adventures, Generations, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural and University Life) in Disk Form. I got a new laptop without a disk drive, and I really want to play Sims. The strange thing is, when I try to install Sims, I'm able to install only the base game, World Adventures, Island Paradise, Generations and Supernatural. Any help on how I could install the others onto my new computer? I still have all of the original discs (except for Supernatural). Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 2 (1,925 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Install Sims 3 on Computer with No Disk Drive

@trinity-ay  It sounds like you never registered the discs to your EA/Origin account, or else you registered them to a different account.  (If you bought the discs second-hand, the previous owner might have used the codes, and there is no way to transfer them to another account.)  If you never registered the codes, you can still do so now, provided you can find the inserts from your disc cases.

If Origin says the codes have already been used, you would have to contact EA customer support to have someone on that end look at your account and fix the issue.  They could merge two existing accounts or even give you new codes if you can provide sufficient proof of purchase or ownership.  Photos of the discs, cases, inserts, and/or receipts would be very helpful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,927 Views)

All Replies

Re: Install Sims 3 on Computer with No Disk Drive

@trinity-ay  It sounds like you never registered the discs to your EA/Origin account, or else you registered them to a different account.  (If you bought the discs second-hand, the previous owner might have used the codes, and there is no way to transfer them to another account.)  If you never registered the codes, you can still do so now, provided you can find the inserts from your disc cases.

If Origin says the codes have already been used, you would have to contact EA customer support to have someone on that end look at your account and fix the issue.  They could merge two existing accounts or even give you new codes if you can provide sufficient proof of purchase or ownership.  Photos of the discs, cases, inserts, and/or receipts would be very helpful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,928 Views)