Re: I need help with installing Sims on a new computer

by SimplyJen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need help with installing Sims on a new computer

★★★ Newbie

So 6 years ago, i bought sims 3 and the island paradise, pets, supernatural, seasons, world adventure, and generations expansion packs. All on dvd. Two days ago I got a new computer and it does not have a dvd player built in, so i cannot install it through the dvds. If i try to download them from origin, it will try to make me pay again. Is there any way I could install all of them through download or something else that wont charge me again?

Message 1 of 7 (729 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You are posting in the Sims 4 section btw.

If you register the games, you will receive a digital copy through Origin. You can also buy an external optical drive for your laptop if you want to use the disk.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (715 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You are posting in the Sims 4 section btw.

If you register the games, you will receive a digital copy through Origin. You can also buy an external optical drive for your laptop if you want to use the disk.

Message 2 of 7 (716 Views)

@RockieCookie  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 section.

(tagging @SimplyJen for awareness)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (697 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimplyJen This isn't a Sims 4 section, I just scrolled up to look. This question she made is valid under Sims 3.
Message 4 of 7 (643 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They are discs, not dvd's. Dvds are for movies.

Now I've heard of newer laptops not having a disc drive but not a computer.

However don't worry, there are external disc drives you can buy to help you install your discs.

Some advice, after you install the base game, the next disc you should install would be the next oldest one. The most recent Sims 3 disc you have would be the last one you can install.

It just helps out better this way, ESPECIALLY if you install worlds. So note when any worlds you get were made. It really will help to install them in order. Makes it go smoother so to speak.

Message 5 of 7 (641 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also be sure to register each one you have. If you get any errors that say one of them was already registered (it happens for some), just contact EA thru live chat. If you are the original owner who bought it new, then that'll help out a lot to know someone may've attempted to use your code.

Sadly there is a site where folks are able to get codes illegally and it sickens me.

Chatting with EA thru live chat has always helped me.

Message 6 of 7 (635 Views)

★ Guide
@sarahholdenried As you can see above, puzzle was kind enough to move this thread. It was indeed originally posted in the Sims 4 section. Now it is in the correct section but I posted my reply before it was moved.
Message 7 of 7 (569 Views)