I have

by DoggonetiredP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded a custom Sim from a friend.  The launcher will show the downloaded file and successfully install it.  When I start the game and create the new Sim, I can not find the custom Sim.  When I reopen the launcher, the Sims has been placed back in downloads with an exclamation point marker.  It tells me file has dependencies on a ep or sp content that seems to be missing.  That the missing ep or sp content will be replaced with proxies.  What does that mean?  Does it mean I'm missing an expansion pack or a stuff pack?  I have tried installing and reinstalling the file.  I have moved all the files from the dccache folder and replaced the .ebc files with new ones.  I tried launcher program without any custom content and exit with a restart relaunching with custom content after reloading all custom content again.  My friend has also sent me another file without the custom content and I can't even get it to show up in the launcher downloads.  So that didn't even help.  This is my first time downloading a Sim and I'm finding it to be a very difficult thing to do.  Thank you for any help or suggestions!  I just don't know what to do to fix it.

Message 1 of 3 (160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I have

Hero (Retired)

It means thee is some cc from a pack you don't have installed. What will happen if you force an install is those items will be substituted with items already in your game. That means the sim will probably not look like the download showed. Where you downloaded the sim from should have listed the cc and where it came from. If the cc is from a pack you don't own EA will block the cc.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (160 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

It means thee is some cc from a pack you don't have installed. What will happen if you force an install is those items will be substituted with items already in your game. That means the sim will probably not look like the download showed. Where you downloaded the sim from should have listed the cc and where it came from. If the cc is from a pack you don't own EA will block the cc.

Message 2 of 3 (161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you.  That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure since it was my first Sim download.

Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)