Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I can't login through the Sims 3 Launcher.

by aliasaurora

Original Post

I can't login through the Sims 3 Launcher.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to log in to my Sims 3 account from the game launcher I get an error message that just says "Not logged in." I know the username and password is working because it works when I log in to the site on Firefox.

I've looked through past threads but I don't see a solution to my issue. I have Sims 3 on Steam and there aren't any answers in the Steam forums. I've tried manually updating my game, and I get an error message saying I have to have a copy of the Sims 3 installed before I can do that. (I know my game is installed and working because I can still play it.) I've tried clearing various caches in the game and on my browser.  

Edit: Also, 3rd-party sims3pack files don't appear in the launcher when I click on them, although clicking on a sims3pack file does open the launcher.

Is this an issue with EA not liking Steam? How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 4 (2,138 Views)

Re: I can't login through the Sims 3 Launcher.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Im having almost the same issue. The only difference is that it is acting like im not online to be able to login, even though I am connected to the internet. I do not believe that the issue is steming from the Steam application because I don't have my game set up through my steam account. I think the issue is that the launcher is not finding the required files that it needs to show that the computer is online. I think that EA will have to make an update to correct this problem for it to stop happening. Which sucks cause I have some lots I want to upload and share with everyone and I can't.

Message 2 of 4 (1,945 Views)

Hero

@aliasaurora:

Login Issue: I would try clearing the browser cache of IE if that doesn't help, check with Steam or EA Customer support if something is wrong with your account.

Patch Issue: Steam has their own patches. Don't use the manual patch provided. You need to use the one provided through Steam.

Store Content: You need to tell your browser which program to associate with the sims3packs. See this for details: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1735097

-------------------

@gidora: Try steam Support as well. 

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game. Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have not used The Sims 3 from Steam before so not sure if this applies to you or not

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Game-Launcher-Can-t-Log-In/m-p/1805095/highlight/false#M1...

Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help