Re: I can't login through the Sims 3 Launcher.

by Gidora

Original Post

I can't login through the Sims 3 Launcher.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to log in to my Sims 3 account from the game launcher I get an error message that just says "Not logged in." I know the username and password is working because it works when I log in to the site on Firefox.

I've looked through past threads but I don't see a solution to my issue. I have Sims 3 on Steam and there aren't any answers in the Steam forums. I've tried manually updating my game, and I get an error message saying I have to have a copy of the Sims 3 installed before I can do that. (I know my game is installed and working because I can still play it.) I've tried clearing various caches in the game and on my browser.  

Edit: Also, 3rd-party sims3pack files don't appear in the launcher when I click on them, although clicking on a sims3pack file does open the launcher.

Is this an issue with EA not liking Steam? How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 4 (2,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Im having almost the same issue. The only difference is that it is acting like im not online to be able to login, even though I am connected to the internet. I do not believe that the issue is steming from the Steam application because I don't have my game set up through my steam account. I think the issue is that the launcher is not finding the required files that it needs to show that the computer is online. I think that EA will have to make an update to correct this problem for it to stop happening. Which sucks cause I have some lots I want to upload and share with everyone and I can't.

Message 2 of 4 (2,275 Views)

Hero

@aliasaurora:

Login Issue: I would try clearing the browser cache of IE if that doesn't help, check with Steam or EA Customer support if something is wrong with your account.

Patch Issue: Steam has their own patches. Don't use the manual patch provided. You need to use the one provided through Steam.

Store Content: You need to tell your browser which program to associate with the sims3packs. See this for details: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1735097

-------------------

@gidora: Try steam Support as well. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have not used The Sims 3 from Steam before so not sure if this applies to you or not

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Game-Launcher-Can-t-Log-In/m-p/1805095/highlight/false#M1...

Message 4 of 4 (512 Views)