Re: I can't log in to The Sims 3

by KarlThorsten89

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I have this load of bull to. Except I can log in fine with the same account HERE and on the SIms 3 Store/Exchange, but never in teh game. I've changed password twice, and gone back to an old one, still works fine OUTSIDE the game, waht the heck gives, EA?! Are you trying to make us mad? Wait, of course you are, you hate customers but love money...

Message 51 of 72 (1,592 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KarlThorsten89  The game uses the APIs in IE (Internet Explorer) to communicate. When the site is restarted the cookie that stored information in IE from the last time you logged in becomes invalid. Apparently the site does not have an error routine for this situation. The cookie will eventually expire and the site will present the log in screen. If you delete the cookie you should get the log in screen. Clearing the browsing history will clear the cookie. Resetting the browser will clear the cookie. It is possible some virus detection programs and ad blockers could interfere with this communication. For further assistance please post if your computer is a pc or mac and cescribe what happens when you try to logon - thank you.

Message 52 of 72 (1,586 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Did that, didn't work. At once. Changed my passowrd again, in the msot hated explorer on the planet, which I dont have to mention as you did at the start - I thank you! - and then went back to chrome, swapped passwords AGAIN, then back to my usual one, and THEN it worked. Then I cleared out all the histroy and so on. Thanks either way!

EA is still a bunch of 'murderers' though.

Message 53 of 72 (1,581 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I changed a password for the Origin and after that I could not log in with the Sims 3 launcher and exchange/my page through still (and that's the best part) could log in through the store on one computer however the same new password worked just fine on another computer. After trying everything everyone on the forums suggested and contacting EA support (all they told me to do is reset the IE settings and perform a cold boot) I tried what another frustrated person said is to change a password again and it worked. Whatever I guess.

Message 54 of 72 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi I see that you had this problem 3 years ago and now I have the exact same problem :/ And whenever it doesn’t have that problem it says in game that I need to put in my disc which I removed en put back jn again but it still doesn’t see it
Message 55 of 72 (1,451 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here, bought the game yesterday :c

Message 56 of 72 (1,344 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ElisaFliza  If you have to insert a disc to play the game is not at the correct version. The DRM that requires a disc is no longer supported by Windows and OSX. Old installs will continue to run but new DLC or a reinstall will require the game be updated. You need to download and install the Origin installer - link - Origin installer  Create an account if you don't have an account already. Then redeem the activation code in Origin. You need to get the game in version 1.67 with the super patch - link - Sims 3 version 1.67 super patch  Restart Origin (or reboot computer) and Origin will patch the game to 1.69. Patch version 1.69 is an Origin only patch - there is no stand alone patch. The version 1.69 patch removes and/or disables the DRM of SecuROM and SafeDisc and there will no longer be an install limit and you will not be required to have a disc in the drive to play. As optical drives continue to disappear from computers to require to have a disc in the nonexistent optical drive is new issue. As SecuROM and SafeDisc were poorly supported and considered rootkits, a new method needed to be developed. Origin is much like Valve's Steam and many users seem to like Steam. Origin is the current DRM for Sims 3 and Sims 4.   hth

Message 57 of 72 (1,319 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Bought the game on steam, and activated the code on the same platform. I registrated on the sims3 page and that worked fine, but when i tried to log in on the game launcher it didn't work. When i logged in to the sims3 web page afterwards, it wanted me to pick useranme etcetc all over again, and the first i picked is now already taken since i picked it the first time
Message 58 of 72 (1,311 Views)

@ElisaFlizaI just logged into the Sims 3 store page without any trouble, using Firefox.  Are you saying that when you try to login, the site doesn't accept your username and password?  If so, try a different browser, and if that doesn't work, clear all of your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, TS3 does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

Clear IE cache: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

I usually play offline, but when I happen to login, I do so at the main menu instead of the launcher.  This might work better for you.  I also have a Steam install, and I didn't have any issue logging in the last time I tried, maybe a week ago.  Clearing IE's cache can also help with this issue.

If nothing works and you can't even view your page on the store site, it would probably be a good idea to contact EA customer service so that someone on their end can look at your account, just to make sure your codes have been recognized and properly registered to your username.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 59 of 72 (1,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Another email account?
Message 60 of 72 (1,265 Views)