I can't install Sims 3 Supernatural

by Shiels576

Original Post

Re: I can't install Sims 3 Supernatural

★★ Novice

My base game version is , 1.36.45.017017, i tried downloading the link u provided except it's not the same version as mine so it didnt work. i download supernatural on origin, except when i try to install it says you need to latest update on the sims 3 launcher,so i try to download it except it stops at the end, says some weird error type number and setup will now terminate, which causes my whole screen to freeze and i have to restart. i tried downloading this update multiple times and it never works, my operating system is 32- bit windows vista. pleasee help me =(

Message 11 of 64 (5,835 Views)

Hero

Yes, the region codes need to match.

Try this manual patch:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.38.151.018017_from_1.36.45.01701...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 64 (5,811 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, still does not work, it gives me the same error, setup will now terminate and my computer freezes. i tried downloading so many of these manual patches and none of them seem to work Confusedmileysad:

Message 13 of 64 (5,800 Views)

Hero

Could you enlighten me what error it is your getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 64 (5,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

okay so firstly, i download the patch and once it is done i double click and it goes to this thing called install shield wizard. its almost done until an error shows saying Error Number 0x80040303 Descripton: Setup will now terminate. so i click ok and then my whole screen freezes will leads to me force restarting my laptop

Message 15 of 64 (5,794 Views)

Hero

That sounds like a registry or corrupted game file issue.

I would suggest reinstalling everything.

• Backup your user data in documents\electronic arts\thesims so you don't loose anything
  • Unininstall all games
  • Clean the registry - here's some links how to manually delete them: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/562375.page#9034836 - and make sure you have nothing Sims left on your computer. You can also use CCleaner to help you with that.
  • Reinstall the basegame and patch to 1.38 (best is to use the super patcher for that)
  • Start the game to see if it works
  • Start installing all expansions (you might get an error that the base game is newer then the version you want to install. Click on ok, that is fine cause the older Expansions expect a lower patch).
  • Put your back uped data back, especially savegames.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 64 (5,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can someone please help. I've just purchased Sims 3 Supernatural. Origin doesnt recognise the serial number I received by email. I was redirected to the site where I purchased the game from. Now I'm stuck, Not getting anywhere with this. Its obviously not that hard to download it but I'm out of ideas and need some support with this. I'm using Windows 7. 

Any information would be great thanks in advance 

Message 17 of 64 (5,651 Views)

Hero

You need to either contact EA customer support or customer support of the site you bought the key at.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.

If the Live Chat option is not active for you, choose US as your country.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 64 (5,641 Views)

★ Novice

ok you need to go out and actually buy the game, i know its a ripoff /:

Message 19 of 64 (5,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried doing this and a notice popped up saying it couldn't install because of a region problem.  Is there anything else I could try?

Message 20 of 64 (5,467 Views)