Re: I bought sims 3 worlds bundle, and now it says I never had it?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

I bought sims 3 worlds bundle, and now it says I never had it?

★ Novice

To whom it may concern:

About 5 years ago i bought the sims 3 worlds bundle.  For some reason I didn't have enough space on my computer for it to work.  Well now I have enough room but now I try to install it, it doesn't install right.  The world isn't in the menu to play on.  I don't know what to do but the other half to the problem is i thought if i register it again that it would put it back in place, but when i tried to do this it says I never bought the game and of course the game has already used.  I'm at wits end, I don't know what else to do.  Can you please help me out here.

PS:  my name on here is jeangenie58, and my e-mail is [edit: email address removed]

Sincerely,

jeanjeanie58

Message 1 of 4 (376 Views)

@jeangenie58  The code you originally received can't be reused, since you already registered it once.  How are you trying to access the worlds?  They need to be downloaded from the Sims 3 store and installed like any other store content.  Login to your account and go to Purchase History to find the worlds, or download them directly from their product pages.  If you see a blue Download button, that means you account already owns it.

https://store.thesims3.com/

If you're installing the worlds correctly but they aren't showing up in your game, you may have a corrupt .ebc file in DCCache, or another issue with your TS3 game folder.  Pull the entire game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.  (No need to go farther than the Main Menu.)  Try installing one of the worlds into this folder, and then the other.  If they both work, you can move your new files to your existing game folder, delete the new folder, and put the old one back in Documents\EA.  You'll need to move the files in InstalledWorlds, along with the .ebc file in DCCache.  Be sure to rename it so that it's numbered one higher than the highest existing .ebc file in your old folder:  If you already have dcdb0.ebc through dcdb4.dbc, name the new one dcdb5.ebc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (365 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ok. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have checked and checked again. Still nothing.
my worlds bundle is not here. i am asking for my money back.
Message 3 of 4 (358 Views)

@LunaNunca  Did you check your account on the Sims 3 store site?  That's where your worlds would be listed, and your store account would be unaffected by an uninstall/reinstall.  Use the same credentials you use in Origin to login, and then click on Store > My Store Account > Purchase History.  Or go directly to the pages for each world and click Download.

https://store.thesims3.com/worldProductDetail.html?categoryId=12642

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (348 Views)