January 2013 - last edited January 2013
Redeem Bonus Content for The Sims 3:
Some expansion packs come with bonus content for players who register their game online. The most common bonus content is where The Sims 3 (base game) and World Adventures will each grant 1,000 Simpoints to a registered player’s account.
These are 16 digits codes for bonus content. If your code is a 20 digit code for the base game or an expansion, please see the earlier section of this article. If you do have a 16 digit bonus code to redeem but have not yet registered your game or expansion, you should do so prior to redeeming your bonus code.
I've tried this. MV supposedly shows up in my Purchase History, but there is no icon, and now nothing from the store will download. I've tried three browsers, IE, Chrome, and Firefox, and have cleared the cache on each. Nothing will spawn a download link to the installer.
Bought the DVD, entered the code and the redeem button doesn't activate and will not allow me to click on it.
When I am loading the install program I get the following error:
Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'easySlider'
I went to the link provided and the redeem button on website there wouldn't activate either.
What do I do? I bought the expansion at a store that I can't return it to, and I can't play the game either because it will not install. Please help.
Found a solution on this thread, fixed it for me!
Couple of questions/options:First, did you follow these instructions below? The code format is correct (4x4). Sims 3 Monte Vista is extra content and not like an expansion pack. You will not see a game tile in Origin to download. You will also not be able to redeem the code through the Origin client. All of these codes must be redeemed by following the instructions below:1. Go to store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html in your web browser.
2. You will be prompted to login to your Sims 3 account. If you don’t already have an account, you can register one for FREE by selecting the "Join Now for Free" link.
3. Once you've logged into your Sims 3 Account, Select "Redeem a Code".
4. Under the Redeem a Code panel, put in your 16 digit game code to redeem Monte Vista.
5. Next, go to your Purchase History and select "Download" underneath the Monte Vista icon to install the content.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.**IF the above does not work for you, you receive an error the code is already used or that you are already entitled to this content, can you please try the following:**1. Launch Sims 3 and make sure that Sims 3 is fully up to date.2. Make sure you log in. In the upper right hand corner of the Sims 3 launcher, you'll see "Log in Here"3. Once logged in, click on the 'downloads' button on the left.4. You should now see that Monte_Vista is displaying with a check box to the left.5. Select the checkbox and then click "install" at the bottom of the page.This should get you up and running.
I had a same problem with Monte Vista and I used reedem code in the website of sims 3 and it worked. At first I didn't see the icon of Monte Vista in purchase history but after couple of refresh, it came. Now downloading Monte Vista from my purchase history. Thanks!
You need to follow these steps:
1.Go to http://www.thesims3.com/
2.Make sure you are logged in
3.Go to 'My Page' then 'My Account'
4.Click 'Redeem A Code'
5.Click the '+' next to 'Redeem A Code'
6.Write the 16 digit code(serial number)
7.Accept the Digital Services Agreement
8.Click 'Redeem'. After you clicked it, it will tell you to got to the Purchase History. Don't worry if you don' see it in there. It will appear in maximum 10 minutes
9.When in Purchase History, click 'Download' under the item. It will open the Sims 3 Launcher and start to download it there
10.When the download is completed, select the item and click 'Install'. It will take maximum one minute to install it
11.You can now start playing The Sims 3 and use the item in the game.
I hope it helps.
I did the phone chat with them an was pretty much told I was a liar they wouldn't help do anything I had to go thru so many questions an proving I had bought the game it was such a hassle with no results Ive had so many issues since origin was added it's not even funny I pre ordered the Island Paradise as a disc an they refused to send it gave me the download version w 3 different excuses on why I didn't get my copy the way I paid for so I don't think there is any hope for a fix to this problem