Re: How to restart origin

by EA_Francois

Original Post

How to restart origin

★★★ Newbie
I have bought sims 3 and I have downloaded origin but it's not letting me log in hellppppp x
Message 1 of 8 (28,132 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@meganlovespussy

What is the error message or problem you are facing? Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 8 (28,109 Views)

★★★ Novice
Windows
  1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\ -delete origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ -deleter origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\-delete origin folder 
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.
  • To Unhide folders type folder options in the search bar in the start menu 
  • -click the view tab and under advanced settings click the button that say show hidden files, folders, and drives
  • Apply and ok 

• Install Origin Again
Message 3 of 8 (28,105 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you sure you're using the right username and password? Why is it not letting you log in?

Message 4 of 8 (28,104 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@meganlovespussy

You still haven't replied. Have you managed to solve your issue? If not, try the steps suggested above or answer our questions to allow us to help you. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 8 (28,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how to restart orgin

Message 6 of 8 (26,864 Views)

★ Novice
wut
Message 7 of 8 (23,123 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@125gh145hj  If Origin is set to start when your computer powers on then to restart the program (Origin) all you need to do is reboot your computer. If you want to restore Origin to factory settings then uninstall Origin and if you have a pc (not mac) I recommend using a registry cleaner like ccleaner (there is a free version) and clean the registry. I recommend downloading a fresh image from EA. This way you should get the latest version.

Message 8 of 8 (23,112 Views)