Re: How to re-install the EA Download Manager ( The Sims 3 )

by chrissnena

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

when i go to install a expansoin pack it says that i need to update my game first so i try to update my game and it says it cant connect to the ea download manager and i have origin installed on ny computer if anyone can help plz try and help me

Message 11 of 57 (7,773 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same exact issue, I've unistalled all my games and tried reinstalling just the regular Sims 3 but when I go to update it, it tells me it can not connect to the EA Download Manager, before I would get the error message that it couldn't connect to Origin even though I was logged into Origin.  I even unistalled and then reinstalled Origin itself and am still getting the error message.

Message 12 of 57 (7,725 Views)

★ Novice

i have this same problem, i have origin downloaded but everytime i want to download a sims 3 game i cant cuz i still need it.....please help im irritated! 

Message 13 of 57 (7,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem    (SIMS 3 ONLy*)      go to uninstall programs and uninstall origin and EA         

then go to ur sims 3 game launcher    .........click on updates n then click on the refresh button on the bottom middle  ........afterwards a pop up will show up asking you if you want to download EA  just click yes n the rest  will be easy i had the same problem u guys did but it works fine now nd i can update my game when i want to Standard smile

Message 14 of 57 (7,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I unistalled Origin, clicked, update, installed EA, which made me reinstall Origin. Still doesn't work. I then unistalled Sims as a last ditch effort. STILL NOTHING. Please, someone figure this out, because if I just wasted $20 and hours downloading a new game, I'm going to be fjdkafhnds,

Message 15 of 57 (7,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are you trying to install Dragon Falls? Maybe there's a problem with that specific software, because I've been having the same issues, but I've just installed the Plants vs Zombies one fine.

Message 16 of 57 (7,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I mean Dragon Valley. I'd probably know what it was called if I was actually able to play it...

Message 17 of 57 (7,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ur solution is bs. i instilled it and nothing happened. at least give more details.

Message 18 of 57 (7,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, four and a half hours after first trying to download it it's finally installing. I'm not really sure what I did, I just kept installing updates, until it asked if I wanted to install a new patch thing which took my game from version 1.3 to 1.5 or something. You can probably find the same patch online or something, but I read on the site that you need your game to be a version 1.5 (I thought mine was because it said so on the updates page of the start up menu, but I guess it wasn't).

Message 19 of 57 (7,308 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys,

I think it has something to do with the link between accounts Origin and Sims. Make sure your Sims account name appears in the Origin application (under Accounts) AND that the Sims launcher is LOGGED IN with that same account - the updates should then work fine.

Message 20 of 57 (7,293 Views)