Re: How to install Sims 3 on Windows 8

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to install Sims 3 on Windows 8

★★ Novice

I have searched the internet repeatedly trying to find how to install the Sims 3 on Windows 8.  When I insert the disk, autorun doesn't pick up so I have to go through my computer, open the drive, and run it.  The first thing it does it run "origin" which I find highly annoying.  After it has installed and updated origin, I go online to the folder where I'm supposed to click on my game, put in the code and choose download.  Great except the download does not work. It says it's going to take nearly 24 hours to install.  Last time I checked, my internet connection isn't from the stone ages.  Why can't I just put the disc in and install the game without having to go online?  I have noticed people having compatibility issues but I can't even get the game installed enough to experience those issues...or at least I don't think that's the problem.  Can someone please give me the instructions on how exactly to install the game on windows 8 because EA's support is about as descriptive as a wood door.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (16,808 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try this method: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/How-do-I-install-from-disc-without-download/m-p/1384#M22

Should be the same for Sims 3. Just do the same for Sims 3 instead of Mass Effect 3.

Let me know if it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (17,134 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try this method: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/How-do-I-install-from-disc-without-download/m-p/1384#M22

Should be the same for Sims 3. Just do the same for Sims 3 instead of Mass Effect 3.

Let me know if it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (17,135 Views)

★★ Novice

Ha!  Worked great...I spent a few hours going through different steps yesterday and nothing worked.  This was easy to follow and so far, so good. Thanks a bunch!

Message 3 of 9 (16,701 Views)

Hero

Glad to help and good to hear that it worked.

Thanks for the feedback Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (16,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i bought the sims an downloaded it an a few month went buy had to clean the computer an wiped it clean an now it wont let me put the code in the on the cd case

Message 5 of 9 (12,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey I know this is late... But you wouldnt happen to have any other solutions? This one doesnt work for me Frown

Message 6 of 9 (8,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue.  Any ideas?

Message 7 of 9 (8,813 Views)

Community Manager

@Oscarismycat033 Wow a one year thread resurrection. 

Can you try the steps mentioned by crinrict earlier in the thread. If they have no effect, can you confirm that your issue is the same as in the Original post?

If it 's a different issue at all, please create a new thread, and include as much info as possible. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 9 (3,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've been trying to install/activate Sims 3 on my windows 8, I have tried every method that I found online but still not working. The autorun do not work every time I insert the disk , so I do it manually and origin pops up, I sign in and then I click install when the Sims 3 screen pops up and its saying " Temporarily unavailable" "This action could not be completed. We may be experiencing an unusually high server load or undergoing maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes."
Message 9 of 9 (2,378 Views)