Re: How do I play the Sims 3 without any WiFi whatsoever?

by nycbigl

Original Post

How do I play the Sims 3 without any WiFi whatsoever?

★ Guide

Hi. I have a question about my Sims 3 game. Every once in a while (like last nigh for example) my cable WiFi provider fails and my household has no WiFi and sometime no cable for hours. I would try to play my Sims 3 game to pass the time but forget about Origin's insistent on being online for a one player game. How do I play my Sims 3 game to pass the time when there is no internet for hours?

When I use to play the Sims 3 on my old Windows 7 laptop I was able to find information on how to change the settings so that you can get the launcher without Origin ever popping up. Something to do with changing the OS setting or something. But I got a new Windows 10 desktop computer just a few months ago and as you can tell I have since forgotten how to change the settings so that the launcher can come on without ever needing Origin when my WiFi fails again. I know you can change the settings on Origin in order to play offline but you still have to be online in order to do that. My problem is when I have no WiFi at all whatsoever. How do I get the Launcher to upload without ever needing internet when the WiFi crashes for hours?

Message 1 of 4 (229 Views)

@nycbigl  On patch 1.69, which you get with any Origin install in Windows, there's no way to avoid the Origin tie-in (or bypass the launcher for that matter).  Your old computer's install may never have been updated to 1.69, but your new one definitely is.

I don't think there's a way to keep Origin in offline mode after you sign out, but if there is, you could do so when your internet is working and then hope it stuck for when the wifi went out.  The only other thing I can think of is that you might be able to use your cell phone as a personal hotspot for your computer, at least long enough to login to Origin and put it in offline mode.

I'm sorry there isn't an easier way to handle the issue.  This is one reason why so many players go out of their way to avoid patch 1.69 and its mandatory Origin tie-in, but there's no way to install digitally in Windows and stay on a lower patch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)

★ Guide

OK...

I found the old EA Answers HQ thread from 2016 that gave me the answers in the past and I even found my comments about it. It still kind of sucks because it means that I would have to install an older version of Origins to get it to work.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Blank-Screen/m-p/5676551/highlight/fals...

The forum thread was for the time the Origin launcher pop up page stopped working and there was nothing but a blank screen for many of us. We couldn't play the game back then. But not only were we showed how to play without Origin being launched but the blank screen problem eventually got completely fixed.

I don't want to install the old version of Origin this time around. You couldn't purchase anything with the older program. And now you absolutely have to have the newer version of Origin to purchase Sims points or game packs. The old method might make more problems for me than solving the issue of playing the Sims 3 when I unexpectedly have no WiFi whatsoever. Wondering

Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Heart
Message 4 of 4 (212 Views)