How do I move EA folder from OneDrive?

by NNstine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I move EA folder from OneDrive?

★★★ Novice

I got a new laptop a few weeks ago, and I decided to install Sims 3 on it. I didn't notice it chose to place the EA folder in my OneDrive, until my OneDrive told me it's almost full.
I tried to just move the whole folder to my documents on my C drive, which is the same drive the Sims 3 is installed on. The problem is that Sims can't find the files when they aren't on my OneDrive, so I had to move them back for sims 3 to work properly, but there aren't space for the folder if it has to save a game.

How do I move the EA folder with Sims 3 files in it from OneDrive til my C drive without any problems???

Can anyone help?

I really want it to work, and I don't think there really should be a problem here.

Message 1 of 8 (31,471 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I move EA folder from OneDrive?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I found a solution!

It was actually really easy to fix! It surprises me I couldn't find this solution on Google Wink

If you are struggling with the same as me, here is the solution:

Step 1. Move all the stuff from your One Drive to a folder on your desktop.

Step 2. Uninstall/TurnOff OneDrive, follow these Directions

Step 3. Open Sims 3, and start a new game, notice all your saved games are gone and mods/cc.

Step 4. Save the game and quit. This will create a new Electronic Arts folder with The Sims 3 in it in your documents.

Step 5. Move the folders from the The Sims 3 folder you placed in a folder on your desktop, into the new folder which is placed in documents.

Step 6. Enjoy Sims 3, as it is now saving all the files to your local drive, and not on OneDrive!

You can reinstall/TurnOn OneDrive later if you want, it shouldn't cause any problems! Standard smile

Let me know if you had any trouble with this, and I will try to help!

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (33,929 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I found a solution!

It was actually really easy to fix! It surprises me I couldn't find this solution on Google Wink

If you are struggling with the same as me, here is the solution:

Step 1. Move all the stuff from your One Drive to a folder on your desktop.

Step 2. Uninstall/TurnOff OneDrive, follow these Directions

Step 3. Open Sims 3, and start a new game, notice all your saved games are gone and mods/cc.

Step 4. Save the game and quit. This will create a new Electronic Arts folder with The Sims 3 in it in your documents.

Step 5. Move the folders from the The Sims 3 folder you placed in a folder on your desktop, into the new folder which is placed in documents.

Step 6. Enjoy Sims 3, as it is now saving all the files to your local drive, and not on OneDrive!

You can reinstall/TurnOn OneDrive later if you want, it shouldn't cause any problems! Standard smile

Let me know if you had any trouble with this, and I will try to help!

Message 2 of 8 (33,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, i was just wondering whether i have to replace the new files that have been created with my old ones or do i just copy them in there with the new one's? i don't want to mess anything up

Message 3 of 8 (31,104 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for this! working like a champ. I was stressing it and got up in the middle of the night and googled.My one drive was full and I don't have money to throw at Microshaft because they think they should be paid for every time they fart. 1 yr old gaming PC. I know it has room for this stuff. what a racket!
Message 4 of 8 (28,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, this only seems to work until i restart the computer.

Even with onedrive uninstalled and the game working from the correct save file I restart and it creates a new file called onedrive for sims...

I delete that file and it again finds the correct file automatically but when i restart i get the same problem....

Message 5 of 8 (27,024 Views)

@Player_q1mbatqe  When you say you uninstalled OneDrive, what do you mean?  If you merely removed it from File Explorer or otherwise made it hidden, it will still be enabled, you'll still be signed in, and your Documents folder will still be transferred to cloud storage.  Where is this "onedrive for sims" folder landing?  You can see its location across the top of the File Explorer window when you highlight the folder.

Please also confirm that you're using an admin account on your computer; changes to settings might not stick otherwise.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 8 (27,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So helpful 

Message 7 of 8 (10,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the info. It sure helped me out a lot!

Message 8 of 8 (4,572 Views)