Horse Stuck in Box Stall

by ImaGamer96

Original Post

Horse Stuck in Box Stall

★★★ Newbie

I play Sims 3 Pets on PC. I have been playing one family for a while now and they have become very established. (The game takes approx. 1-3 mins to load)

One of my Sims' horses has gotten stuck in a Box Stall. He cannot leave the stall or use the stall and the Sims and other horses behave as if it is empty, however I cannot sell or delete the stall because it is in use. I have tried restarting the game and the problem still stays. Please tell me what I have to do to release him, I would hate for the horse to die on a glitch.

If anybody has any information that could help I would be really grateful.

Message 1 of 3 (1,482 Views)

Re: Horse Stuck in Box Stall

@ImaGamer96  Bring up the cheats console and enter "resetsim firstname lastname" without quotes, using the first and last names of the horse.  Try it a couple of times; occasionally the first reset doesn't work.  Once your horse is elsewhere, be sure to delete and rebuild the stall.

If that doesn't work, go to Edit Town and evict the horse, then place it back in the house.  I'm not sure whether you can move an animal out alone (I've never tried it), but you could split the family and move only one sim out.  The sim that's temporarily evicted will keep any job and all relationships but will lose promised wishes and opportunities.

Be sure to delete your cache files as well, each time you quit, at least until you've resolved this issue.  The files should be deleted regularly anyway, as they tend to clog up with stale data.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache,package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,474 Views)

Re: Horse Stuck in Box Stall

★★★ Newbie
Thank you @puzzlezaddict I will give this a go
Message 3 of 3 (1,453 Views)