Help

by amberrr1999

Original Post

Help

★★★ Newbie

So I recently changed to a Mac, and my previous pc has all my sims games on it. Although I dowloaded sims before origin was a mandatory thing to use, so basically all my games are just on my desktop and I don't have to use origin because when I click the game it just brings me to the game launcher. buuuuttt my problem is I can't get my games onto my Mac, or at least onto origin and either way if I get it onto my Mac somehow or onto origin will I not need a serial code?

Message 1 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: Help

Hero (Retired)

@amberrr1999  You will need to redeem ALL your codes into Origin. Both Windows and OS X do not support the DRM the game was released with on the discs. Any new installation and the addition of a new pack or store items require the game be in Origin. Redeem your codes in Origin and install the Origin client on your Mac. As before what you basically paid for is the license in the form of an activation code. Before Origin it was the user responsibility to keep track of the codes. Origin is like Steam as you now have an account which controls all your activated games. With Origin there is no install limit - the old DRM of SecuROM allowed 3 installations before the license was used up. The old DRM of SafeDisc required you have a disc (or a digital download version of the game) in the drive. With optical drives going away Origin does not require a disc in the drive. SecuROM and SafeDisc could be considered rootkits and were poorly supported and Microsoft and Apple dropped support in Windows and OS X. Windows 10 was the first to drop support and through updates previous versions of the Windows operating system no longer support SecuROM and SafeDisc. After you activate your games in Origin all you will have to do is login to Origin and you will have access to your games.

Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)