Help! A family member disappeared

by butterflymeggs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help! A family member disappeared

★★★ Newbie

OK so something odd happened yesterday when I was playing.  I have a family of 8: 2 parents 5 teenagers and 1 child.  The 5 teenagers are all enrolled in boarding school, 2 of them aged up and came out of boarding school and as soon as that happened the mom disappeared. What I mean is she's no longer part of my active family, I can't find her anywhere and even weirder is on the main page to start the game she's there.  Can anyone tell me how to get her back and possible help me figure out where she is.  Thank you

Meghan

Message 1 of 4 (3,430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help! A family member disappeared

Hero

Make a copy of your save game and then try moving the family out and back in. This will probably remove all your teens from boarding school but you can send them back.

You can also try resetting the sim with the cheat resetsim firstname lastname (name of your SIm)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,859 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Make a copy of your save game and then try moving the family out and back in. This will probably remove all your teens from boarding school but you can send them back.

You can also try resetting the sim with the cheat resetsim firstname lastname (name of your SIm)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (3,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried reseting the Sim but she still isn't there.....I'll try moving them

Message 3 of 4 (3,409 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, my teen went missing while in boarding school (icon totally is gone from household). She still shows up in the relationships area of her family members, but they can't chat to her or anything, only text.  I tried resetSim [first] [last], but she did not show up. I evicted them and then moved them right back in (from edit town mode) and they were all right back where they started. Re-enrolled the teens in boarding school, and it's been working fine ever since Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (2,982 Views)