Re: HELP SIMS 3!!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

HELP SIMS 3!!

★ Novice

Hi, i jus got the sims three and i am stressing out. My game will not let me have my packaged cc, which i put into the mods folder. Also my cc is blurry.

Message 1 of 6 (494 Views)

@kingslehh  Have you set up the necessary mods framework, including the appropriate folders and the resource.cfg file?  If not, or you aren't sure, please read this guide to installing mods and custom content—the process applies to any package-based file.  And note that you'll need to delete your cache files as described in order for things to work

Please also make sure that the package files you downloaded are all for TS3, not TS4 or TS2, and that the files have all been unzipped.

If you're still having trouble getting any package files to show up in-game, remove everything from your mods folder (except the resource.cfg file), and add back just one cc item.  If it works, you can put it aside and add a few more, and then a few more, making sure that each batch still works properly.  If a batch doesn't show up, you'll know that at least one of the files is corrupt or otherwise incompatible with your game.

When you say your cc is blurry, I take it you're referring to content from installed sims3packs.  The quality of that content varies greatly, and many items don't look the same in-game as they do in the photos the creators provide.  Another issue is that some cc, like high-poly-count hairs, won't look right if your graphics options are too low.  The only way to fix this is to download versions that work with lower settings, or to not use those items at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (486 Views)

★ Novice

thank you for tour help, i followed the steps and i still cant find my cc skins.

Message 3 of 6 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kingslehh  I take it these are package files?  If you place just one of the cc skins in a clean folder (with the mod setup working) and load a new game, does that cc show up?

One detail that might be relevant here is that you can only have one default replacement skin per category, but as many as non-defaults as you want.  (And, apparently, you can't have default and non-default versions of the same skin installed at the same time.)  Here are a few threads on the subject that might help:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/889956/what-are-default-and-non-default-skins

https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/758511/custom-skins-dont-appear-in-cas

http://modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-499424.html

If none of this helps, and your skins still won't appear in-game, it's probably better to post at Mod the Sims or another site where players are more familiar with custom content.  You could also post at forums.thesims.com, asking if anyone has had issues with the skins you're trying to use.

Message 4 of 6 (457 Views)

★ Novice

hi again, i downloaded some house inventory and downlodes it to my game. I cant find it in my inventory and it says i can find it in “pattern”?

Message 5 of 6 (427 Views)

@kingslehh  I'm not sure what exactly you downloaded, but patterns can be found in Create-a-Sim or Create-a-Style, when you decide to customize the coloring or pattern of an object or article of clothing.  I believe there's an icon to show custom content only (it will look like the icon for custom content in your launcher).

Message 6 of 6 (420 Views)