HELP! Can I use my Origin games on other PCs?

by Amuchia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HELP! Can I use my Origin games on other PCs?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a problem where my brother in-law reckons that if I register my Sims 3 games (key codes) on Origin that I won't be able to use them on any other PC aswell or i'll receive a $ fine from EA. 
Is this true? If so, it's very unfair seeing as how I payed for these games and I should be able to use them on other PC's.
Please reply ASAP, I'd like to get this matter resolved.

Message 1 of 6 (328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

That doesn't make any sense at all!! I think it'd be legal, since using the disc and serial code is.. If you still do have the disc for your game and your code download your game with that. If you don't have your serial code and disc you can check Origin for it. Also any games you register on the Sims 3 website also automaticly go to an Origin account with the same username/email  and password. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (314 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

That doesn't make any sense at all!! I think it'd be legal, since using the disc and serial code is.. If you still do have the disc for your game and your code download your game with that. If you don't have your serial code and disc you can check Origin for it. Also any games you register on the Sims 3 website also automaticly go to an Origin account with the same username/email  and password. 

Message 2 of 6 (315 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There is absolutely no problem with it and it is perfectly legal. As kittysnuggles said, 'any games you register on the Sims 3 website also automatically go to an Origin account with the same username/email and password.'

You can download them on to another PC or if you have the discs go ahead and install them on another computer. You just won't be able to re-register them - which doesn't really apply in your case anyway.

Welcome to the Answer HQ Kittysnuggles and Amutotsukiyomi!! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 3 of 6 (307 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Please accept this case as solved if you are happy with the answers.

Thank you...

Message 4 of 6 (300 Views)

Community Manager

Actually that's what I enjoy with Origin: I can register my games once and download them on every new computer I buy just by installing Origin. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 5 of 6 (297 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for making the case solved. (Was it you Ursula?)

Message 6 of 6 (293 Views)