Glitch in all games

by icanflywithpigs

Original Post

Glitch in all games

★★★ Newbie

Every single game I create on sims 3 has the same glitch no matter how many times I start again! 1. My sim can’t enter relationships 2. I can’t throw patty’s because a party is already being thrown 3. I’m always in swimwear! I don’t know how to solve this never experienced anything like it. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2 (767 Views)

Re: Glitch in all games

[ Edited ]

@icanflywithpigs  Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't transfer any files over from the old folder yet; just start a new save to see if the glitch is still present.  If not, you can copy your existing saves and other content into the new folder.  Here's a list of everything you'll find in your game folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

There are plenty of possible causes for the glitches that you've described, but three come to mind immediately: broken mods, cache files with stale data, and exiting the game to the Main Menu before switching saves.  All of these issues will be addressed, at least temporarily, with the clean game folder.

If you do use mods, we can talk about whether any of them might be responsible, but please don't mention any "adult" mods by name—just talk around them.  I'll probably be able to figure out which one(s) you're referencing.

The five cache files in your game folder can fill up with stale data and cause a variety of issues in your game.  So they should be deleted regularly even in the absence of issues, and every time you quit while you're troubleshooting.  (They're regenerated each time you launch the game, with new data.)  For reference, these files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

It's never a good idea to switch the save you're playing from the Main Menu, and doing so can bork the second save beyond repair.  Sometimes the only solution is not to play that save anymore, although there are a few troubleshooting steps that you can use to try to recover a save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (761 Views)