Re: Games I own wants me to buy them again in origin..Why?

by RabbitLoss

Original Post

Games I own wants me to buy them again in origin..Why?

★★★ Newbie

I have physically went to the store and bought all The Sims 3 games and packs I own now overtime and I originally installed them on my laptop, I can play them all on that laptop. All of them I own show in The Sims 3 launcher but when I go into Origin it does not show all of them installed, some they only give me an option to buy. I need to get them in Origin some how because that computer is getting old and I do not want to have to pay for them again. I have tried to get help from EA/Origin Support and they did not help, I do not think they quite understand my issue. I have tried to clear my cache and re-download Origin but nothing have worked. Over time I have lost a few activation codes and a disc so I can not uninstall and reinstall them. So what I am basically asking is has any other had this problem and know a solution..? I really need to get this figured out just incase that computer decides to go any time soon.

Message 1 of 3 (1,490 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ashieash15  Is your computer a pc or mac? Did you ever redeem the codes in Origin? Where did you buy the packs?

Message 2 of 3 (1,465 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've just been in contact with EA customer services several times. They have blocked my access to my expansions that I bought and paid for, I will never get my paid for registration codes back.

EA seems to have had a crack down on digitally purchased or pre-owned purchased games. All in time for them to charge brand new game prices for 9 year old games.

Seems to be getting them more money in, whilst sims 4 remains not so popular a game as expected.

Probably a money making scheme on EAs part.

I have played sims since The Sims came out. I have spent hundreds on their products (as most players have) and this is how they repay their customers. Blocking their accounts because they purchased pre-owned games. Mainly because the games were old and the new game had been released, who wants to pay large amounts for old games?

I own sims4 and play it also, but I am not falling for their scam of paying £29.99 for a 9 year old game, especially as I bought a pre-owned copy already.

So if I replace my stolen expansions with another pre-owned version from a trusted seller, who is say that in two years time EA will decide that it's now TOS violation to do so resulting in more players out of pocket.

Massive EA scam.

Message 3 of 3 (1,457 Views)