Re: Game stops after launch ( White screen ) TS3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game stops after launch ( White screen ) TS3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Help!! I was removing the bad cc from https://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html, but when i launched when i was done, the whole screen got black with a white "window" down in the right corner, the game crashed right after. I have a lot of CC and i dont want to remove it. Im also playing ts3 on Steam.

Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Accepted Solution

@EmilieHak  Did you delete the five cache files in your game folder after you removed the bad cc?  That would be the first thing to try.  The files can clog up with stale data and should be deleted regularly even in the absence of game issues.  For reference, they are:

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

socialCache.package

If this doesn't help, you'll need to start with a clean game folder.  I understand you don't want to get rid of your cc, but it's best to put it aside for the moment, until you can get the game running again.  Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and launch the game to create the new folder.  If it works—load a new save and use CAS for a minute, just to make sure—copy over your Mods folder, delete your cache files, and test again.  Be sure to delete the cache files before launching.

If the mods folder is fine, go into DCCache inside your old game folder and copy the file labeled dcdb0.dbc (make sure it ends in dbc, not ebc, which is store content).  Paste the file in DCCache inside your new game folder.  Delete your caches and test.  If everything is still fine, copy over dcdb1.dbc, delete caches, test; then dcdb2.dbc, etc.  If any of these files causes crashing again, you'll need to ditch it or clean it manuallly.  Here's crinrict's guide, if you haven't already seen it; scroll down to Method by Mell:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

If the game still works after all your .dbc files have been added to the new folder, then the contents of Library, then SavedSims, then the .ebc files in DCCache and ccmerged.package in DCBackup (these two together), then InstalledWorlds.

Some other files, like userpresets.package and the contents of Collections and SavedOutfits, are only necessary if you've made the corresponding content and want to keep it (respectively, saved recolors, item collections in Build/Buy, and saved outfits).  Downloads and Screenshots can be saved elsewhere on your computer for later use.  ContentPatch is the collection of store patches; copy it over if there's anything in there.  Everything else besides your Saves folder can be trashed.

Once you have a fully working game folder, you can copy over Saves as well and go back to playing.

And if you run into any other trouble, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (288 Views)

All Replies

@EmilieHak  Did you delete the five cache files in your game folder after you removed the bad cc?  That would be the first thing to try.  The files can clog up with stale data and should be deleted regularly even in the absence of game issues.  For reference, they are:

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

socialCache.package

If this doesn't help, you'll need to start with a clean game folder.  I understand you don't want to get rid of your cc, but it's best to put it aside for the moment, until you can get the game running again.  Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and launch the game to create the new folder.  If it works—load a new save and use CAS for a minute, just to make sure—copy over your Mods folder, delete your cache files, and test again.  Be sure to delete the cache files before launching.

If the mods folder is fine, go into DCCache inside your old game folder and copy the file labeled dcdb0.dbc (make sure it ends in dbc, not ebc, which is store content).  Paste the file in DCCache inside your new game folder.  Delete your caches and test.  If everything is still fine, copy over dcdb1.dbc, delete caches, test; then dcdb2.dbc, etc.  If any of these files causes crashing again, you'll need to ditch it or clean it manuallly.  Here's crinrict's guide, if you haven't already seen it; scroll down to Method by Mell:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

If the game still works after all your .dbc files have been added to the new folder, then the contents of Library, then SavedSims, then the .ebc files in DCCache and ccmerged.package in DCBackup (these two together), then InstalledWorlds.

Some other files, like userpresets.package and the contents of Collections and SavedOutfits, are only necessary if you've made the corresponding content and want to keep it (respectively, saved recolors, item collections in Build/Buy, and saved outfits).  Downloads and Screenshots can be saved elsewhere on your computer for later use.  ContentPatch is the collection of store patches; copy it over if there's anything in there.  Everything else besides your Saves folder can be trashed.

Once you have a fully working game folder, you can copy over Saves as well and go back to playing.

And if you run into any other trouble, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)