Game keeps crashing since Supernatural & Update

by SecretLeyes2

Original Post

Game keeps crashing since Supernatural & Update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Within about 10 minutes into game or so, my game crashes.  One of my Sims is invisible, before that one was stuck in bed and I literally had to remove him from the household but there's still a Z in the bed, and other random junk.  Using the testingCheatsEnabled true and then clicking on the mailbox to remove Zombies from the game doesn't work.  I have at least 10 zombies next to me almost all the time - drives me insane!  Plus the Launcher keeps updating the Store Patch.  It does it, says it has been patched but every single time I go to the launcher (multiple times during the day) it needs to be repatched. 

I've tried doing the DEP settings, reinstalling the updated DirectX from Microsoft, checked my video card (including uninstalling and reinstalling), uninstalling & reinstalling game, moving out the Sims folder in My Documents to allow it to create a new one, using a cleaner, and turning off antivirus and other programs during game play.  I have 4G of RAM.  Nothing is working!  The event error I get is as follows so I'm assuming there is something in the game that is not configured to work properly with DirectX 3D:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/11/2012 10:53:19 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Description:
Faulting application name: TS3W.exe, version: 0.2.0.165, time stamp: 0x50171e18
Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b7b3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000510f6
Faulting process id: 0x12a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd909c716ef327
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll
Report Id: 269d194c-fc9e-11e1-a029-00238b7c9bc5

After every thing I do, I have to save otherwise I lose all my hardwork.  It's driving me nuts!  It doesn't matter if it's in create a household, edit town, town view or game play.  I am not seeing it during buy/build mode and I'm there quite a bit.

Message 1 of 2 (755 Views)

Re: Game keeps crashing since Supernatural & Update

Hero

Does the same happen on a new game as well (just for testing). It does sound like your current game is corrupt.

What's your graphic card ?

The Zombie issue is a bug that happens if you save the game on a full moon. EA is aware and fixing (although I don't know if it will fix already affected games)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (746 Views)