Re: Game goes off immediately after loading a save - The Sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Game goes off immediately after loading a save - The Sims 3

★★ Novice

So after about a year I decided to install sims 3 again. I've uploaded CCs and old saves that I had on my computer, checked if everything is alright (bad CC etc) and then I run the game. I choose one of 2 saves that I have and I'm waiting till it loads. Everything goes right until this save fully loads - game goes off about 3 seconds after gameplay shows. No errors or "game stopped working" shows up. It just disappears. I don't know if this happens on other saves, I haven't tried yet. What do I do? I've already tried this thing when I run everything as an administrator. Are there any simple ways to make game run normally? Sorry for my English, it's late and I'm tired

Message 1 of 6 (707 Views)

@zuzzzz123  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 section.

The best way to troubleshoot is to try to run the game with a clean folder in place first, then add your other content slowly.  Drag the TS3 game folder that has your cc and saves out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Load a new save and play for a bit, just to see whether it works.  Then you can start adding your cc in batches, testing the game to make sure it still runs properly.  If you get another crash, split the last batch you added and test again until you've found the problem file(s).  Once you've tested all your cc, you can move your saves back as well.

If TS3 still crashes even with a clean game folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

P.S.  Your English is perfectly fine, so don't worry about that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (692 Views)

★★ Novice
I haven't done that yet because I decided to try to play on the other save and it works perfectly fine. Should I still do what you told me to do?
Message 3 of 6 (672 Views)

@zuzzzz123  It's possible that the issue was with that one save, not your cc or anything else in your game folder, in which case you can try to load the backup save or just move on.  (I'm not sure how attached you are to that particular save.)  It's also possible that you have some bad cc, but it only causes crashes when a sim is wearing it, somewhere in the world.  It's impossible to tell without a bit of experimentation.

How you proceed is up to you.  One easy test is to try to load the problem save in a clean game folder.  You can remove your existing TS3 folder, spawn a new one, and then just copy over Saves; that way, you'll leave your current game folder intact and can just put it back whenever you want.  If the save does load, then the issue is some other content in your game folder.  If it doesn't, then you can try the backup save, which you can also find in your game folder.  Rename it and delete the .backup extension, and it will be available to load from the Main Menu.

There are a few different things you can do, depending on whether the save loads in the clean folder.  Just let me know if you're interested.

Message 4 of 6 (666 Views)

★★ Novice
okay so I put out all of the CCs from the folder and i left the save that I'm trying to play. I run the game without CCs, it works fine. Then i added like 20 or so CCs, still fine. Then i added a bit more of them and games goes off again. I also did few more things with CCs, kinda experimented and the game does the same. I think I'll just move on but thank you for trying to help
Message 5 of 6 (649 Views)

@zuzzzz123  I understand that it may be too much trouble to recover this save, but there's still the possibility that you have some bad cc that you haven't found.  Your other save might not be affected if no sims were wearing that cc, but it could be an issue in the future.  So it might be useful to find out which file prevents your save from loading.

Still, if you don't want to go through the trouble, that's totally understandable.  Let me know if I can help in the future.

Message 6 of 6 (641 Views)