[Fixed itself??] I think I broke my TS3 game ?

by StarrChana

Original Post

[Fixed itself??] I think I broke my TS3 game ?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a really bad habit of not exiting my TS3 game when I'm done... I usually just close my laptop and open it back up when I want to play again

I started a new game, but is stayed on the loading mini game for a couple hours. I even saw the green progress bar go down a little... I got bored of waiting so I closed the lid of my laptop.

I woke this morning, opened my laptop and it was doing the same thing it was doing yesterday.  I know this probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but exited the loading and shut down my laptop... after that, I left my laptop alone for bit, but then tuned it back on and tried opening up TS3 again. Origin and TS3 game launcher opened just fine but when I clicked on the play button it said something was wrong with the graphics? and I needed to check my system Hardware??? I have no idea what the system hardware is or how to access it...

Edit: I restarted my laptop and went offline, starting working like nothing had happened?? idk I update if something happens...

Message 1 of 2 (305 Views)

Re: [Fixed itself??] I think I broke my TS3 game ?

@StarrChana  Check your deviceconfig, specifically the graphics card section 25-40 lines down.  That's a report on what the game thinks of your card—whether it's recognized and the stats assigned.  The message you received might have been about an unrecognized card, which you're only supposed to see once, unless your options file gets reset.  It's also possible, if your laptop has both an integrated and a dedicated card, that TS3 was momentarily using the integrated one for whatever reason, and a restart fixed the issue.

At any rate, if you want, you can paste that section into a post, and I can check it for you.  Or just confirm that you're seeing the correct info, and don't worry about it unless it happens again.  (Yes, it's a bad habit not to quit to desktop, but you know that already.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (287 Views)