Fishing

by mayra786

Original Post

Fishing

★ Novice

Hi .. .I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this .. Forgive me if it isn't. When I click on the shoreline of a pond/lake, 'common' fish like minnow and goldfish can be found there .. but the uncommon fish (like sharks, vampire fish etc) tend to stick around the middle of the pond so my sim can't get them. What do I do? I've been googling around a bit and no else has been having problems with this.

Message 1 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: Fishing

★★★★ Novice

Have you actually tried fishing in those locations? Usually when I click on them, my sim goes the closest possible patch of land and casts all the way to the middle of the pond. I've had a sim cast from one side of the lake all the way to the other side before o_O

Message 2 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: Fishing

★ Novice

I have. On every lot multiple times .It seems like I can only fish close to the shore.When I click anywhere in the middle of the pond, the sim thinks there's some sort of obstruction ,the action gets cancelled and the sim just stands around idly. Today the sim managed to reach the middle (of the pond at the science lab), but refused to fish with anything except the lure. When ever I try to change the bait ( even though I have plenty of it), the fishing action is cancelled and  he just stands around idly again.I'm wondering if it's some kind of glitch.

Message 3 of 3 (187 Views)