Faulty disk for sims starter pack!

by OliviaEvie

Original Post

Faulty disk for sims starter pack!

★★★ Newbie
I don't want to send in my disk back for a replacement because it would take too long! I paid for this in the fair price and it's your job to do quality checks right! now if someone can only tell me if by any chance I can download this from origin using my online access code.
Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: Faulty disk for sims starter pack!

Hero (Retired)

yes you can  it if it is registered to your account you'll need to uninstall the disk version game if it installed at all from the control panel then check for left over files and registry keys after you check for the left overs  also use ccleaner from piriform they have a free version  after you uninstall the disk version you can then log into your origin from the desktop go to the my games tab and right click the game icon download (if you run into a DLC alert while downloading ignore it to be able to install the download version without reinstalling despite that message, do not click on the download button in origin click on the “i” (information) button  this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install  )

or if the game is registered to your account but did not install then just log in your origin account from the desk tip right click the game icon -download

if the game is not in your origin my games tab use the redeem code

since you don't say which disk is giving the trouble see if it is un this list then uninstall  that one

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)