Re: [FAQ] Unable to connect with origin

by angearchy

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I have  a temporary Solution!

For anyone that has bought the Humble bumdle or the CD SIms 3 Starter Pack

go to the configuration pannel and then go to the program uninstallation menu and uninstall :The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack

Try running the game and it should work!The game doesn't work with the Late Night Expansion Pack because of a .DLL file that doesn't work correctly.

I don't work for EA nor did I get a response from them,I searched the forums and made my own Hypothesis.

Sorry if theres spelling/grammar mistakes as english isn't my first language.

Message 21 of 70 (2,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

plz help! My Sims was fine and worked fine but a while back I got this message appearing overtime I launch Sims saying "unable to connect to EA download manager" and it lets me play the game but it wont let me update and when I got the game it came with 10 dollars worth of sim points which I redeemed but it also came with a free town and it wont let me download it unless I update my game which it wont allow me to do, bcuz when I close the msg when I launch that says "unable to connect to EA download manager" it will just come back up when I click refresh on my game updates oh and it says IM up to date at the top but IM on version 1.29.55.014001. plz plz plz help this is really frustrating especially bcuz I want to buy expansion packs but from what ppl r saying on all the other 10000 sites I checked u can't get expansion packs with an out of date game.

Message 22 of 70 (2,600 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 70 (2,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had this problem for a while and I have opened the firewalls for the launcher to sims 3 and have uninstalled both the game and the Origin client. Still having the issue after reinstalling both. I can't even update the launcher so I can play one of the expansions. This is a problem I would like fixed.

Message 24 of 70 (2,408 Views)

Hero

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-63/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 70 (2,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I open my game launcher it says i cannot connect to origin. 

This would normally not annoy me but I cannot update my game which means when I purchsed Sims 3 University I cannot download it

I have looked on many sites but none of the things solve my problem. 

Please help. 

Message 26 of 70 (2,114 Views)

Hero

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-63/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 70 (2,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This whole thread looks extremely pointless. I'm so upset by all of this. How it is possible for a game to be working great one minute and then come up with all these problems the next? I have this exact same problem. No, I do not have caps lock on (do you really think we're that retarded?) Yes, both emails and passwords are identical (I made friggin' sure, buddy.) Yet this garbage still happens. What bothers me most is that there is no simple answer for this issue. Its someone saying "Go to this forum" blah, blah, blah. That solves nothing. I feel this issue is just a lost cause and also that we cannot come to EA for help because all they'll do is send us somewhere else that might as well be in a foreign language. How is that helping someone? I'm not writing this to be rude or nasty. I'm just frustrated and very upset with EA and their "help".

Message 28 of 70 (2,033 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@angearchy wrote:

This whole thread looks extremely pointless. I'm so upset by all of this. How it is possible for a game to be working great one minute and then come up with all these problems the next? I have this exact same problem. No, I do not have caps lock on (do you really think we're that retarded?) Yes, both emails and passwords are identical (I made friggin' sure, buddy.) Yet this garbage still happens. What bothers me most is that there is no simple answer for this issue. Its someone saying "Go to this forum" blah, blah, blah. That solves nothing. I feel this issue is just a lost cause and also that we cannot come to EA for help because all they'll do is send us somewhere else that might as well be in a foreign language. How is that helping someone? I'm not writing this to be rude or nasty. I'm just frustrated and very upset with EA and their "help".

Look, I'll be honest and I'm not trying to be rude either. 

We're not EA's "help" - we're other users just like you who actually bother to stay and help those of you who either barely do research and ask a question that's been asked a million times or those of you who have done research and are really in a bad fix. 

Linking to other threads. Would you honestly prefer us to copy and paste all the info that's on webpage and put it in our posts? Because that's all we'd be doing if we didn't post links. 

This thread has helped many people and you and everyone else owes a huge thank you to it's author, Crinrict. She has complied so many detailed, informative and helpful FAQ's. 

With your 'do you really think we're that retarded?'  - a lot of people might not be making sure. Ever keep on writing something wrong and yelling at the keyboard only to realise you're constantly pressing the wrong key? It happens to everyone. 

You can always contact EA directly but half the time, you'll either be faced with someone incompetent or be directed here: to this board. 

I understand you're frustrated and I'm sorry but try think of it from someone else's perspective and try not to insult someone's hard work even if you didn't mean it. 

Just remember: we're simply other users like you trying to help.

Message 29 of 70 (2,029 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't think they insulted anyone. I feel the same way, like we're the ones being insulted here. I am currently having the same issue. I realize that games have malfunctions. However I wish there was an easier fix for some of us somewhat computer illiterate people who just want to play the game and have fun. I appreciate all the help on here. I just have yet to find something that works for my particular problem.

Message 30 of 70 (2,019 Views)