[FAQ] There was an error during Startup

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] Update

★★★ Newbie

I updated The Base Game, and when I try to start the game it comes up "An error occurred while starting. Check the log for details". And I've tried everything on your list

Message 11 of 56 (5,840 Views)

Hero

Only other solution is to reinstall the game, including clearing the registry.

Follow the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Don't have anything else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 56 (5,836 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing for me. I bought Hidden Springs and now I can't download it because all I get is "An error occurred while starting. Check the log for details".

Message 13 of 56 (5,795 Views)

Re: [FAQ] There was an error during Startup

★★★ Newbie
hey. i tried everything. its not working?
what do you suggest i do?
Message 14 of 56 (5,764 Views)

Hero

If nothing on the first page listed works, I don't have any other suggestions atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 56 (5,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I keep getting this message too. My Sims 3 Launcher wont startup through Origin and I have tto use it to play. tthen itt says read Log.. what log?

Message 16 of 56 (5,732 Views)

Hero

In this case the log is quite useless. I wouldn't bother looking for it.

Have you tried the things on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 56 (5,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi can you tell me what pack you have installed as i had the same problem and it appears to be with one of the packs

Message 18 of 56 (5,609 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I bought "The Sims 3"   LAST NIGHT at "Steam Workshop" (online website) and when I get to the launcher of the game and click the big play button it appears an error message and says that I dont have the proper permission to play and dosent allows me to play MY NEW GAME, and  I already redeemed my game code at the sims 3 official site.I just want to know if you can tell me what can I do to fix my game and be able to play for the first time on PC, I seriously haven't played even once!!

According to Steam Workshop, it is a legit page and they sale the actual game, not illegal copies of it.

PLEAS tell me that you know what to do Im really desperate.

Message 19 of 56 (5,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Brgrl! I wanted to play some Sims 3 to experience some nostalgia, it has been a while since last time but I did not uninstall the game. It was working perfectly fine before. But now when I start I get that error message that this lost is about. I have tried everything on the list but it s still not working. I have reinstalled the game four times, manually and by CCleaner, I have cleaned my registry. I have deleted user files. I have done everything.

If I want to play the Sims 3, a game I have bought, I expect it to work. Could anyone help me?

Message 20 of 56 (5,570 Views)