[FAQ] Lost and broken DVDs and missing serial codes - What to do ?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVDs and missing serial codes - What to do ?

★★★ Newbie

I am really pissed my game didn't come with a serial code in the first place and I started with customer service and went in a ****ing huge circle and back to them and customer service just sends me the thanks for contacting us message and that's it SO I AM MORE ****ING PISSED THAN I HAVE EVER BEEN IF I DONT GET THAT CODE I AM DONE WITH EA I HAVE COMPLETE PROOF I BOUGHT THE GAME

Message 31 of 98 (1,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't been able to install my sims 3 yet! I just got a new computer and I want to play Sims but I can't follow these instructions cause there is no Sims folder cause I haven't installed any Sims games yet! PLEASE HELP!

Message 32 of 98 (1,700 Views)

Hero (Retired)

bethyboo299 - Do you have access to the old computer? Did you dl Origin and check to see if the game is listed in your library? You need to use the instructions on your OLD computer. Do you have the disc or digital download version? Is your computer a pc or mac? This is an old thread with many different problems. Please start a new post as you will probably get more help this way.

Message 33 of 98 (1,684 Views)

★★ Novice

Amazing!! your the best i so thought I was going to have to replace all of m y games!!!

Message 34 of 98 (1,668 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, so I was reinstalling all of my games through Origin and when I try to install Sims 3 with the product code listed on Origin, it tells me that the code is invalid. I bought the game originally in physical form but I don't have it anymore and the previous times I reinstalled the Sims 3 it worked fine. Please help me.

Message 35 of 98 (1,646 Views)

Hero

You need to contact a Customer Support game advisor for this

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Click on Contact a game advisor 
  4. Describe your issue with a few words
  5. Click on Find a Solution
  6. Select Product: ex: The Sims 3 or Origin
  7. Select Issue Type: ex: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  8. Select Platform: PC
  9. Click Find solution
  10. Scroll down and click I still need help
  11. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 98 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!

This info helped me out greatly Standard smile. I thought I was going to have to buy the game all over again

Message 37 of 98 (1,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Quick Question - I hadn't played the Sims 3 in a while. I got the Supernatural pack for Xmas but I already had University Life installed. I installed Supernatural and it's not letting me start the game because I need the University Life disc. So I go looking for it and the disc is broken. I'd like to be able to play my games without having to re-buy an expansion that I already owned...Is there anything I can do? Thank you so much.

~Skillscapers~
~Nathan C~

Message 38 of 98 (1,603 Views)

Hero (Retired)

you can if the uni game is registered in your origin account download the digital version from your origin account you'll have to uninstall the disk version of the game first then download the uni  from origin and if you get a DLC alert ignore it   to be able to install the download version without reinstalling despite that message, do not click on the download button in origin click on the “i” (information) button  this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install

Message 39 of 98 (1,597 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I need help!!. Ok so previously I was trying to create an account for thesims3 website and overtime I tried it told me that the code was taken so I made an origin account and made the sims3 account from there and I got an account so they told me to register my game and I had to use my code and when I put it in it said it was invalid Is there a way to get a new code????

Message 40 of 98 (1,594 Views)