Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVDs and missing serial codes - What to do ?

by catbugsuerstar

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I lost my serial code for an expansion. I contacted via chat function.
As i have never registered my code online with EA (or through origin) they asked me to provide a photo of the game disk, case along with my unique case number (given by them at the time), the date nad my signature. This was to prove that I actually own a copy of the game and I'm just not after a free download. I had to attach this image to the case. Luckily I managed to get it done quickly while he was still in the chat and I was issued a new code for the game which i put straight into origin to download immediately. Overall process took about 30 Maximum.

Message 81 of 98 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried chatting with an EA person. They said they couldn't help me, and were kind of rude :/

Message 82 of 98 (1,486 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVD's and missing serial codes - What to do ?

★★★ Novice

I have a problem I lost my codes, but when I did the thing you did. The codes still don't work

Message 83 of 98 (1,470 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried looking through regedit, but the Electronic Arts folder doesn't even show up. I also don't have the box for TS3, so I'm pretty much out of options. Help!

Message 84 of 98 (1,405 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@EpicTyphlosion1  The registry key you should search for is ergc. You will find several entries. Google and download gamekeyrevealer and run. This should display any codes stored in the registry.

Message 85 of 98 (1,396 Views)

Message 86 of 98 (1,372 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVD's and missing serial codes - What to do ?

★★★ Newbie
Please use EA support. https://help.ea.com/
Message 87 of 98 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please use this link to ea support page: https://help.ea.com/en/ they should help. or IF your country has an EA customer centre like Finland you should go there!

Tpelaaja / 3oF

Message 88 of 98 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i bought my game from a yard sale and since i didnt have a recipt i couldnt get a new code

Message 89 of 98 (1,103 Views)

@Crossingpants5  Unfortunately, since you bought the game used, you're probably out of luck.  EA doesn't allow games or codes to be transferred between accounts, even if the original owner has sold the game to someone else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 90 of 98 (1,101 Views)