Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVDs and missing serial codes - What to do ?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVD's and missing serial codes - What to do ?

Hero (Retired)

@xcaityxmxdx

sadly  not much can be done about it if the game was bought 2nd hand/used the code/s will be tied to the original persons account and are non transferable nor can they be re-registered to another account

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Adviser

you could contact them and see if you could buy a code from them cheapish  or just wait for a sale on Origin 

Message 71 of 98 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, and I haven't found a solution for it. If you get it solved, could you leave a reply explaining it?

Message 72 of 98 (1,347 Views)

Hero

It's not about if the person uninstalled their game. If it's registered on their account, then you can't register it.

If it's the old version, you can go ahead and install without registering, if not, you're out of luck.

You can contact EA and explain the situation but I doubt they'll be able to help.

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor or leave your phone number for a call-back

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 98 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HELP!!!!!!!!

I bought the sims 3 about maybe 3 or 4 years ago for my old PC and downloaded it off a disk.

My old computer suddenly stopped working so i got a new one the problem is that i never uninstalled the game.

I don't know if it has anything to do with redeeming the code but it says this code has already been used when i try to reinstall the game on my new computer.

I don't know what to do and im freaking out because i also lost my disk.

WHAT MUST I DO?????

HELP PLS

Message 74 of 98 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've been reading all these threads and after losing my sims 3 seasons disc and the gsne not launching without it, I'd like to try your instructions. But before I do so, I've been wondering whether it would alter gameplay? Would I have to have an internet connection to play, and also would I need to repeat the said process for my other games? I have the boxes and discs for all of them (Sims 3, Pets, generations) just no seasons disc.

Thanks!!!

Message 75 of 98 (1,303 Views)

Hero

Hi @Austacia

if you decided to go for the download version, you will need Origin and you'll need to upgrade to 1.69 (don't know if you have already done so). Origin will run in the background but you can still play offline by logging into Origin in offline mode.

To make sure that works, I suggest to login with connection, then go to offline mode, then cut the internet.

1.69 does have no influence on the game itself. It just changed the launcher and removed the securom necessity for Sims 3.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 98 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i've lost my sims 3 pets serial code...and disc please help!!

Message 77 of 98 (1,283 Views)

Hero

Did you register it on Origin ? Then the game should show up there.

If not, you'll need some kind of proof that you bought it and contact a game advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 98 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A long time ago I bought Sims 3 Pets, University, and Seasons. Luckily at that time I had already downloaded it. No biggie right? Wrong. Well you see I got a new computer and at the time I downloaded those games I still had the CD's but I lost the codes. Then when I moved and started to download all my stuff again on my computer I wanted to play the Sims. I just started playing when I realized in the game none of the stuff was there. When I bought the Sims 3 it was a code and it came with the Ambitions pack. I really really really want to play with my Pets, University, and Seasons expansions but I don't have the code nor the CD and I'm really not looking forward to asking my mom for all three of them again. Please help me.

Message 79 of 98 (1,235 Views)

Hero

Did you ever register them on Origin ? Also did you do all the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 98 (1,230 Views)