Re: [FAQ] Lost and broken DVDs and missing serial codes - What to do ?

by Phantomzero17

Original Post

Re:

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the answer! So if i buy the new sims 3 disc again i still can used and connect to my old katy perry and world adventure right?
Message 51 of 98 (1,025 Views)

Re: Re:

Hero (Retired)

better still of you can find your code for the lost sims3 base game instructions are in the link I linked you can download the digital version of your lost one from your origin account if the games where registered , if you can't find the code then contact CS to see if they can assist with that (before considering going  out and re buying the game that would be the last thing I would do after exploring the other avenues open to me i.e. trying to find the code myself then if I can't i'd then try CS after that if I cant get help with lost code I'd think about re buying   )

before downloading your digital version you'll need to uninstall the disk version of that one game that is lost if you need a guide on which files to manually remove after uninstalling via the control panel  let us know so we can post one for you

and here's an example of the games work

examples of how the games work the way the game's work  you have the sims 3 base game then buy seasons  you will play from the seasons expansion the base game will combine for playing then say you buy  university the game will play from university (again the others combine for playing ) as that as it is your newest installed released  game then say you buy an older released game like generations you will still play from the uni one as it is the newest released installed game you own and installed

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 52 of 98 (1,025 Views)

★ Novice

i cant even connect in to live chat, im using australia as contry

Message 53 of 98 (1,006 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jamiedoesmc wrote:

i cant even connect in to live chat, im using australia as contry

try when you clcik on step one to change the flag to US

Message 54 of 98 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your explanation for finding the serial code after losing it but still having the DVD was very helpful Confusedmileyhappy: Thank you!!

Message 55 of 98 (999 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't find the ergc folder thing in regedit. Where is it?? 

Message 56 of 98 (982 Views)

Hero

This post has pictures: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 98 (979 Views)

★ Novice

So I followed the instructions on where to find the product keys in the registry and added some I hadn't previously registered to my Origin account recently.  However, two of the keys I found in registry are being kicked back by Origin and not being added to my account.

Is there a way to rectify this?  I'm trying to install Sims 3 to a fresh built PC and not having to dig around in my closet to find the disk case would be helpful.

Message 58 of 98 (936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am resetting my computer soon, but would like to reinstall Sims 3 and my expansion packs whenever I am done. Will I be able to use my serial codes from Origin to use again? Or will I have to re-purchase the games?

Message 59 of 98 (924 Views)

Hero (Retired)

if your games are regestired and if you download or have origin downloaded to your computer log in there from the shortcut icon with the email and password you used for the account the digital version of the games should be in your my games tab to download and install

Message 60 of 98 (922 Views)