July 2012 - last edited June 2014
Please do not post your crash issues in this thread. Make your own, giving as much info as possible (including your DxDiag). Crashes are very individual and it's best to help everyone in their own thread (see below)
My game crashes to the desktop without a warning
Causes & Solutions
There are many causes to this issue and so are the solutions. You can try the following suggestions. Make sure to save your game often under a different name and keep Backups of your stuff.
When you are posting about a crash, make sure to mention WHEN it crahes and if it's reproducable at the same time.
If you have tried all of the above and your game is still crashing, please open your own thread. The first post should contain the following info:
Disclaimer: Some of the solutions above make changes on your system and are better be done by advanced users. You try everything at your own risk. Neither EA nor myself can be held responsible for any damage done to the game or the your system.
Did this FAQ help you with your issue ? If so, please consider pressing the XP button
Good Luck and Happy Gaming
I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you
Thinking of helping out ? Please check the Helper's Corner for Sims 4 or Sims 3 and The Academy
Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
PNs werden nicht beantwortet. Probleme gehören ins Forum
August 2012 - last edited August 2012
A few things you can add:
- User Access Control --> Due to permission to save settings under My Documents being blocked.
1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clickingUser Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.
- Onboard sound card --> Disable all sound in the game and attempt again (Usually seen when the game CTD's after creating your sim.)
- Hardware Acceleration (almost never applicable)
Windows Vista & Windows 7.
1 Click Start / Control Panel / Appearance and Personalization.
2 Under Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.
3 On the Display Settings dialog, click the Advanced Settings... button.
4 On the monitor properties dialog, click theTroubleshoot tab.
5 Click the Change settings button.
6 On the security dialog, click Continue.
7 Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to the third notch.
8 Click OK.
9 Restart Windows.
Windows XP and Windows 2000.
1 Right-click the desktop, then on the context menu, click Properties.
2 Click the Settings tab, then click Advanced.
3 Click the Troubleshoot tab.
4 Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to the third notch.
5 Click OK, then Close.
6 Close and restart the player.