by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] Current Patch - 1.42 - Manual links and more

Hero

Yes, it's the Seaons Patch - 2 weeks early Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 176 (11,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I open the sim wiki for mac, but the latest thing there is 1.39... so what do i do?

Message 12 of 176 (11,145 Views)

Hero

It's updated now Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 176 (11,119 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If this is the Seasons patch what's the point of getting the game? 

Message 14 of 176 (11,103 Views)

Hero

Cause it's only the patch. You won't get any weather, festivals or Seasons content without the EP. This only makes the game EP ready not installing the actual EP

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 176 (11,101 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Okay but I still don't see the point. I mean I'm still going to get Seasons but really why now - why not rather when they actually release Seasons?

Message 16 of 176 (11,097 Views)

Hero

Can't tell you why they already decided to release it. Many of us are not so happy about it cause it's coming at the worst possible time. We all thought we have two more weeks to look after other stuff.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 176 (11,065 Views)

Latest Patch Causing Trouble, Please Acknowledge

★★ Novice

There are multiple threads on the Technical Forums about the latest patch (1.42) causing lots of problems.  Can EA please acknolwedge this and let users know what is going on or what is being done or to be done about it?  My Sims get married but do not move in together and I am unable to edit Sims when I create them (things like when I click on the 'hairstyles' tab the camera zooms on my Sim like normal but the actual tab never opens and I cannot change the Sims hairstyle).  I know others are having issues with crashes and so forth.  

Is EA aware of these issues and is there a current course of action to solve them or a thread we can go to to change files around etc?

Thank you for your time!

Message 18 of 176 (11,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

patch 1.42 sims 3 error can't start launcher when a game update is being installed

Message 19 of 176 (11,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for posting that super patch!  The 'file not found' error was driving me up a wall.

Message 20 of 176 (11,537 Views)