Re: [FAQ] Patch 1.39

by eacharlotte

Original Post

[FAQ] Current Patch - 1.67 - Manual links and more

[ Edited ]
Hero

PLEASE TAKE OUT YOUR MODS BEFORE UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure to backup the folder in documents\electronicarts\thesims3 to a safe place. That's all your user data like your downloads and savegames.

Patch Notes

See here: http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-508283802 (make sure to set your country to US to read)

How to install

1. Download the patch to a place of your choice on your hard drive (don't choose to run it directly, download it first in case something goes wrong)
  2. Find the file and double click on it to install
  3. Wait until the patch is installed
  4. Done

Patch Links

Below you find the current manual patch links.

This patches are NOT for Steam Users. Steam has it's own update system.  

If you have any troubles with the smaller incremental patch (like the Invalid File Found error), use the bigger Superpatch. If you are at a lower version than 1.66 right now, also use the super patch.

If you already patched through the launcher, you don't need to use these. The manual links are for people that have issues getting the patch through the launcher or get errors with it.

Super Patch

Super Patch (All Regions), 1.7 GB

Incremental from 1.66

Make sure to download the right region. The last two digits of your base game version will tell you your region.

Macs

Super Patch Links

Please read this post carefully. Links also availble: Official EA Download Links for The Sims 3 *Cumulative* Manual Update

------------------------------------

Did this FAQ help you with your issue ? If so, please consider pressing the XP button

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 176 (711,875 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hello Crinrict,

Thank you for this useful thread! I'm writing to let you know that this has been floated for all users to see on top of the other threads when they reach The Sims 3 board. :robothappy:

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 176 (710,407 Views)

Hero

Ok thanks. I've just rephrased the title so since this is floated now, I'm just gonna update it with every new patch if that is ok, rather than making a new one each time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 176 (710,403 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Current Patch - 1.39 - Manual links and more

★★★ Novice

If all this patch does is stop a few Zombies, DO NOT INSTALL IT. Especially if you are playing on a Mac

It has caused all kinds of problems in my game. Freezing, crashing, disappearing CC, 'Service initialisation failure' error, disappearing hairs,

Most people are having to turn off their wi-fi or at lease disconnect from the internet in order to get the game to load. 

Massive '.....up.' as per usual.

Message 4 of 176 (710,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Which is a good update to have? I am unable to even Open Origin (My base game is at 1.26 haha). SHould  I download a lower update? 

Please lemme know! Thanks 

Message 5 of 176 (709,947 Views)

Hero

It's always a good idea to have the newest patch, especially if you want to use the Store and the ingame features.

Use the super patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 176 (709,923 Views)

★★★ Novice

I downloaded the latest patch 1.39 and now my game crashes 5-10 minutes into game play.  My game was working perfectly fine before I downloaded the update.  I have uninstalled /reinstalled everything and my game is still crashing.   My computer meets all the requirements needed to run this game and my game was working fine until I updated the patch 1.39, so I know for a fact that it isn't my computer causing the problem.  There isn't a problem with my disc either, as I was playing the game without problems before updating to patch 1.39.   At this point I am beyond frustrated.  Please help, I need a fix for this patch problem so I can continue to play my game.

Message 7 of 176 (709,862 Views)

Hero

Could you open your own thread ? Post as much detail about your computer and the issue as possible.

Same issue on new game or just the existing one ?

Also go through the crashing check list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 176 (511,111 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Current Patch - 1.42 - Manual links and more

★★★★★ Novice

Just installed the "all patch."  Hope this works.  Tried updating my game through the launcher (1.39.003), but kept getting this message:  Update Error: Invalid file found.  Have spent most of the day, which has now been wasted, so am in great hopes this patch that you have provided does the trick!  Getting awfully tired of all the problems, but thankfully, you've been there and have taken care of most of the problems I've encountered.  Thank you for taking the time to help others!  Confusedmileyhappy::heart: 

Message 9 of 176 (511,034 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Current Patch - 1.42 - Manual links and more

Hero (Retired)

Doesn't patch 1.42 add exactly what Seasons does?

Message 10 of 176 (511,023 Views)