Re: Every time I enter store, i have to make a new password...?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Every time I enter store, i have to make a new password...?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been using the forum and have no problems using my email and password there, but with the sims 3 store, I have to "forgot password" every time to sign in, even though my computer auto-fills my updated password each time. Even if I type in my password, the new password won't register. 

Please help. Why is this occurring?  

Megan 

Message 1 of 12 (814 Views)

Accepted Solution

@requiemforasim  It's easy enough to google how to clear a browser cache.  For Chrome, open a window, then click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.  Select History, then History again (for some reason), and a sidebar will appear on the left.  Click "clear browsing data," then under the Advanced tab, check all the boxes and hit the button that says "clear data."

I don't have Edge on my mac, so I can't help right now, but google should turn up some instructions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (737 Views)

All Replies

@requiemforasim  Try clearing your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the store does (and the launcher as well) for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

If that alone doesn't help, change your password on a non-store site, like ea.com, clear your browser caches again, and then try the store.

Message 2 of 12 (802 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict: Can you give me more info. I cleared browsing data and cached files and images in Chrome and Edge, but I'm still stuck. Ive changed my password with EA too. 

Message 3 of 12 (794 Views)

@requiemforasim  I'm on a mac right now, so I can't grab any screenshots.  But you need to clear the cache for Explorer, not just Edge.  If you're running Windows, it's in there somewhere.  Type "explorer into the search box in the lower left corner, and it should show up.  Then clear everything.

The screenshots in this link might be a bit outdated, but they'll give you an idea:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

And if you never use it, you might as well clear everything.

Message 4 of 12 (790 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm only finding "File Explorer." Oh man. 

Message 5 of 12 (782 Views)

@requiemforasim  Is is possible that you, or someone else who uses the computer, uninstalled Explorer?  If not, here are some other ways to try to find it:

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/6-ways-to-open-internet-explorer-in-windows-10.html

An incomplete uninstall of IE would leave some files behind, but I have no idea if those files would interfere with the store's ability to recognize your password.  You could try running a cleaner app, like Piriform's CCleaner (free download) to remove them, just to see if it helps.

Otherwise, I'm not sure exactly what the best approach would be.  You could try changing the email associated with your account, again on ea.com, to see if entirely new login credentials are accepted by the store.  But if that doesn't work, you may need to contact EA customer support to ask that someone help you reset things.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 6 of 12 (777 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, this same issue happens with a new email address. 

Message 7 of 12 (774 Views)

Community Manager

Hello @requiemforasim, I'd like to assist but I'm afraid I'm not sure of all the steps you've tried so far. The last thing we want is to give you advice you've already tried. Standard smile Could you give a quick a recap of what troubleshooting steps you've performed so far please? e.g.: Cleared cached, uninstalled Internet Explorer, etc.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 12 (760 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna

I'm not sure how to clear browsing cache. I cleared the cache images and something else, but not my browsing history, nor do I know how to clear cache history in Chrome. They've changed it since I remember doing that. 

I don't know where Internet Explorer is, cuz all that comes up in a search of my computer is File Explorer. 

I've created a different account with another email but the same problem ensues at the sims 3 store: it won't accept either. Each time I go to the store, I have to repeat forgotten password, and then it doesn't work.

Any help appreciated, 

Megan

Message 9 of 12 (745 Views)

@requiemforasim  It's easy enough to google how to clear a browser cache.  For Chrome, open a window, then click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.  Select History, then History again (for some reason), and a sidebar will appear on the left.  Click "clear browsing data," then under the Advanced tab, check all the boxes and hit the button that says "clear data."

I don't have Edge on my mac, so I can't help right now, but google should turn up some instructions.

Message 10 of 12 (738 Views)