Entire Sims 3 game is glitching

by eriinm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Entire Sims 3 game is glitching

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hi, I’ve been playing Sims 3 for years now and have never encountered anything like this before.
One of my games, that I played for hours last night with no problems, randomly started glitching an hour or so after I started playing today.
Just for some more detail; I have the Seasons, Pets and Supernatural expansion packs installed but those are the only modifications that have been made to the game, and I just updated Origin before I played last night.
My sims (all the sims in the family) keep randomly becoming invisible and appearing again, the bubbles to select actions don’t go away after I click one, I can’t cancel actions, they can’t complete actions and often attempt to but then teleport back into a standing position with a blank queue, I cannot move them into a new house as it never processed the move after I finally managed to get them onto a computer after multiple attempts, entering build/buy mode does nothing except make the menu at the bottom disappear while my sims continue trying to do things by themselves (sometimes they’re successful, sometimes not, but time keeps moving and I can’t control them) and I can’t select anything while in this mode even though my mouse makes the clicking sounds (so the game becomes even more useless), etc.
When this happened, one of my sims (an alien child) was about to start getting ready for school as normal and the whole game glitched. The sleeping parents teleported into a standing position into the middle of the bed and her older twin brothers were as useless as she was. I can’t play the game at all, and this issue wasn’t present on another game I played after this happened - it seems to just be this one.
I’ve tried updating the game, restarting my laptop, saving the game and quitting, quitting without saving, resetting all the Sims, going into build/buy mode, trying to get them to move house, and nothing has worked.
I’d really like to keep playing this game, so how can I fix it?
Thanks
Message 1 of 11 (5,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Entire Sims 3 game is glitching

Hero (Retired)

@eriinm  If you created a new game and the issue is gone I'm thinking there is some thing wrong with that save game. Did you try rolling back the save game and see if that solves the issue. It looks like something is bottle necking the game execution in the save. Recover save game - link - how to recover a save game

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (6,555 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@eriinm  See if this helps - link - fix invisible sims. I never had this issue. The Origin update I think was for the sims 4 102 error which had nothing to do with sims 3.

Message 2 of 11 (5,687 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591 I've tried these and they either don't work because my sims can't complete actions, or they don't work because I'm not able to access build/buy mode, edit the town, or move them. I've never seen anything like this before, but every aspect of my game is stuck. Unsure about the mods because the issue doesn't exactly match the description of what they'd fix. Thank you for your suggestions though

Message 3 of 11 (5,680 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@eriinm  Did you try the game without mods? Is your computer a pc or mac? Did you try a new game? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag  thank you

Message 4 of 11 (5,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@roberta591 I have never installed any mods on my game and have never had a problem with expansion packs. I created a new game when I couldn't fix my current one and it is working fine. My computer is a PC and I have attached the dxdiag report

Message 5 of 11 (5,672 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@eriinm  If you created a new game and the issue is gone I'm thinking there is some thing wrong with that save game. Did you try rolling back the save game and see if that solves the issue. It looks like something is bottle necking the game execution in the save. Recover save game - link - how to recover a save game

Message 6 of 11 (6,556 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591 Thank you so much! This worked perfectly, I will make sure to keep backing up my games to avoid this issue in the future

Message 7 of 11 (5,647 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591 My Sims 3 game is now working, however I am still experiencing glitches that I have worked out are because of my alien sim. I aged her up and moved her out now and everything is fine, and I was able to fix the glitches that kept occurring when she was still in the household (the same/similar ones as before that I wasn't able to fix before I rolled back my save as you suggested, so my game was still playable after your fix even though it was glitching) - but I would like to play an alien someday, but she seems to cause glitches in whatever household I'm playing her in. Why is this happening when my human sims have not caused the same problems? Thanks for your help

Message 8 of 11 (5,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hello, i’m exprincing glitches in my game. I’m not on my game as often as i used to be on account of the glitching. It’s highly exhausting, i believe it comes from the new borns because as my family have a new born child it tends to show half of the baby body in a dark glitching complexion. Also, most of the time they don’t age & when they do , a huge glitching in the room where the baby is at will appear. The glitch would appear to look like a cracked screen. I love my sims & i love playing them. I’m begging for your help ! Thankyou !
Message 9 of 11 (5,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game does the exact same thing it glitches every second 

Message 10 of 11 (2,669 Views)