Re: Email

by nommeee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Email

★★★★ Apprentice

I think my email has been posted publicly. So, can someone else use it to try to get my Sims or Origin account? I think that is what happened last year.

Is there away to make it private? It might be too late, but peace of mind...Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 1 of 7 (503 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi debbidoosim,

Please be assured that your e-mail isn't displayed publically.

However, thank you very much for pointing out that the wording on this section of the website is unfortunate and misleading. We will work on making the wording more relevant.

Standard smile

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (480 Views)

All Replies

Hi debbidoosim,

Where has it been posted and who posted it? Is it visible on the Sims 3 official website?

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 7 (483 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

When I was perusing this site, I hit upon my name and my email came up as being public information. Since my account was hacked and even stolen and re-registered last year, this does concern me. It took my family and I two days to finally regain the account. The venue for hacking was knowing what my email address was. Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 7 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I just checked again and it says that my email is public knowledge for this HQ site. :womansurprised: Is that true? If so, then..I need my information set to private, but how?

Okay, I found a place to change it, but does that change for everything on Origin or just here?

Message 4 of 7 (471 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Posted by HQ here and not on Sims 3 website/

Message 5 of 7 (469 Views)

Hi debbidoosim,

Please be assured that your e-mail isn't displayed publically.

However, thank you very much for pointing out that the wording on this section of the website is unfortunate and misleading. We will work on making the wording more relevant.

Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (481 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am quite grateful for your swift response ! Thanks! :womanhappy:

Message 7 of 7 (456 Views)