Re: Dragon Valley eggs will not hatch

by crinrict

Original Post

Dragon Valley eggs will not hatch

★★★ Newbie

After i have my sim interact with the egg, it counts down to 0 minutes and then I get a notification that the egg is about to hatch, but it never does. What shold I do?

Message 1 of 17 (31,720 Views)

Hero (Retired)

is the egg in the sim inventory when you get the message the egg is about to hatch ? if so you need to tell the sim to put the egg down then the egg hatches

Message 2 of 17 (31,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine also won't hatch... and i've tried doing these couple of things too. 1. Just talk to the egg where i found/placed it, and wait until it hatches. 2. Put it outside when i get the notification, but either way it still gets stuck at "Dragon Egg - 0 minutes" mark and never do hatch, and yes, i've also tried to restart the game and my laptop. P.S. I did these quite a lot i'm quite persistent... I want my dragons -.-

Message 3 of 17 (31,398 Views)

Hero (Retired)

see if clearing the cache files will help exit your game close the launcher if open

delete the cach files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package •compositorCache.package

•scriptCache.package •simCompositorCache.package

•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

Message 4 of 17 (31,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just tried what you suggested, and still nothing happened. I even watched an egg i discovered at a tavern being talked to by one of the neighborhood sims, stalked the egg til' it said "Dragon Egg - 0 minute" hoping for a different result but it was also just stucked there. I'm wondering if it's the same problem with the monte vista cooking oven i found at the sims forums a while ago, and you need to replace the DCbackup file or something for the dragon for it to function as it was with the oven? 

Message 5 of 17 (31,383 Views)

Hero (Retired)

that is  a possiabilty...also was this an old save game the one you play normally ? start a new game first to test your theory out before having to fiddle with the DCbackup file

Message 6 of 17 (31,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried it with an old sim i had then i remade one just to check... i don't actually have save game files since i'm more of a builder than a player, i just got excited that they were bringing back dragons, since it was the very first sims expansion i had. i'll just wait a few days if it is like the monte vista oven, so that someone with much more experience in fixing that/these kinds of problem to come up with the solution... Thanks for the help tho Standard smile 

Message 7 of 17 (31,363 Views)

Hero (Retired)

np Standard smile

Message 8 of 17 (31,360 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you fiddle around with the ccmerged.pacakge file in DCBackup ? Did you try reinstalling the world/dragons ?

Do you have any inofficial store fixes in your game ? Those will most certainly need updating. Remove them if you do to see if that is the issue 

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if you didn't buy the world, don't bother asking here. You need to get your own copy for it to work properly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (31,301 Views)

Community Manager

From what I've seen so far, this seems to go hand in hand with the world not showing up in your profile on the Sims 3 website. Can you please check if that's the same for you?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 10 of 17 (31,262 Views)