Downloading onto a new computer

by Bokul24

Original Post

Highlighted

Downloading onto a new computer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

when i try to put in product code it says it is already in use. I bought the sims3 ages ago and installed it on my old mac does that mean i have to uninstall it on the old device in order for my product code to become valid through origin?

Thanks,

Bokul94

Message 1 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: downloading to windows 10

@Bokul24  I've split your comment off into its own thread because the old thread was about a different issue (and a different operating system, for that matter).

It sounds like you already registered your game with either Origin or the Sims 3 store.  That's why you can't add it to your account now.  The game should already show up in your Origin library; if it doesn't, make sure you're using the same email that you originally did when you registered.  If you can't remember what that email was, you might have a file that lists it in your old computer's TS3 game folder.  Look in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads for a file labeled [email address].bin.

If you registered your game in the Sims 3 store before Origin was released, you might need to link the store account to Origin.  Try signing in with those account credentials and see what happens.  But the store and Origin share information, so it should be easy enough to get Origin to recognize your ownership of the game.

If you can't figure out what happened to your code(s), you'll need to contact EA customer support so that someone on that end can look into the issue.  It would help to have photos of your discs, cases, and inserts on hand for the chat.  A support rep can look up the codes and try to help you find your old account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)