Downloaded but can't install digital download of Sims 3 Seasons

by honocho

Original Post

Downloaded but can't install digital download of Sims 3 Seasons

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have a brand new HP Pavilion g6 with Windows 8, all of my other Sims expansions play fine, but after I downloaded Seasons on Origin, I clicked install and this popped up:

>SetupNew.setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@ Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001)
IE Version 7.0.6001.18000

I can't do anything. Can't re-download, install, nothing. It worked pefrectly on my last laptop. Please help!

Message 1 of 2 (470 Views)

Re: Downloaded but can't install digital download of Sims 3 Seasons

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

A few of the details were the different (i.e. like different operating system), but that's just like the error message I received when I tried to install.

I tried restarting origin, running it as administrator, checking my saved files, removing my custom content, restarting my computer, and putting down my firewall. Nothing really helped, but the latter, mentioned in another thread, led to a different kind of error. Instead of getting the"pap" error message bit, everytime I clicked install, it would pend for a moment before reverting back to its original state in which I could press install again.

I apologize in advance if this has been answered in another thread. I've hunted down similar problems, but none of them had solutions (or ones that worked in my case). In the meantime, I'll continue to search, but any information on the problem would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 2 (374 Views)