Downloaded Sims not showing in premade Sims choices.

by ron0549

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloaded Sims not showing in premade Sims choices.

★★★★ Apprentice

Many times when I download Sims from the exchange and install them, I go to the Creat a Sim and open the Pre-made Sims box chose human, gender and can't find the Sims I downloaded.

I have selected them in the open panel to locate them in my files and have tried right clicking on the to install them into my game with either :

S3Launcher

Sims3Launcher

Sims 3 Launcher Starter Pack

They still don't show up in my Creat a Sim pannel.

Please help, and THANK YOU!

Message 1 of 7 (7,741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downloaded Sims not showing in premade Sims choices.

Hero

There's two possibilities that this happens:

- The Sim has tons of CC that does not come with the Sim. They ARE in CAS but look so different from the pic you saw in the Exchange, you can't tell it's the same Sim.

- Some Sims have the tendencay to 'uninstall' themselves. What happens is that they never get properly installed but in the launcher they show as installed. When you restart the launcher they are uninstalled again though. Never found out what causes this issue but they can't be installed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (8,296 Views)

All Replies

Hero

There's two possibilities that this happens:

- The Sim has tons of CC that does not come with the Sim. They ARE in CAS but look so different from the pic you saw in the Exchange, you can't tell it's the same Sim.

- Some Sims have the tendencay to 'uninstall' themselves. What happens is that they never get properly installed but in the launcher they show as installed. When you restart the launcher they are uninstalled again though. Never found out what causes this issue but they can't be installed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (8,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue, in which I made two sims for my friend, and I can't install them into her game. I made sure to install the custom content from the sims, and that works, but the sims won't show up.

_____

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Message 3 of 7 (7,716 Views)

★★ Novice

How did you figure it out and get it to work if you don't mind me asking, I am trying to figure it out and nothing is working at this point.

Message 4 of 7 (7,113 Views)

@BrattyPetty  Since this thread is six years old, I'm going to guess that no one's coming back to answer you any time soon.  But the best help on this issue still comes from crinrict (the original responder), who maintains a blog full of helpful information and troubleshooting tips for TS3.  Here's one post that might help you:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/downloaded-sims-and-houses-cant-be-installed.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (7,105 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh heck! This, 2 years down the line, has helped so much! TYVM! :D

Message 6 of 7 (4,788 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank youu
Message 7 of 7 (4,769 Views)