Re: Does Sims 3 University work on Windows 8?

by Gardia

Original Post

Does Sims 3 University work on Windows 8?

★★ Novice

I have bought Sims 3 University for my Windows 8 computer. I have installed it and stuff, but it doesn't appear in the launcher. (The bubble thing on the bottom is grayed.) Can someone please tell me if this works for Windows 8? Thanks. (Oh, I only have University and the Base game

Message 1 of 15 (3,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Hi

The University Life expansion pack does work on Sims 8, probably it's just the icon in the launcher that is broken. Have you tried playing it yet? If the game was installed correctly then when you try to play it, a screen will load that says The Sims 3 University Life, after this you'll go to the main menu so that you can chose a household to play with or create a new household. You won't see a new town in the main menu, University is like Egypt, China and France, your sims will only be able to go there buy traveling. Only young adult sims or higher can go to University. Click on your smartphone / computer to apply to university. A moving truck will appear at your house, your sim will grab its luggage and enter the truck. After this your game will load a screen that says traveling to university. Once it loads, you will have to chose to live in a house or a dorm. 

If The Sims 3 University Life screen doesn't load before the main menu then that expansion pack wasn't installed correctly.

Message 2 of 15 (3,235 Views)

★★ Novice

I've played it before, but all it did was go to the base game loading screen. I have also tried uninstalling it and installing it again but it didn't work. Frown

Message 3 of 15 (3,230 Views)

★ Pro

Is your game updated with the most recent patch? You can check it by following this: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-make-sure-your-sims-3-game-is-up-to-date-on-pc

It should say this:  GameVersion = 1.50.56.021017 If it gives you a different number then you don't have the latest patch.

In case you don't have the latest patch, uninstall the University Life expansion pack, and install this patch, it's 1.2 gb so it will take some time. After it's installed, install University Life expansion pack again and see if it loads.

Message 4 of 15 (3,225 Views)

★★ Novice

I did as you said but when I run the patch I get an error that says, "The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate." What do I do now?

Message 5 of 15 (3,215 Views)

★ Pro

Do you have Bitdefender on?

Message 6 of 15 (3,213 Views)

★★ Novice

Whats that?

Message 7 of 15 (3,209 Views)

★ Pro

It's an anti-virus.

Message 8 of 15 (3,200 Views)

★ Pro

Windows 8 has a lot of security features that block some applications and programs. Can you try this, open DEP - when you get to number 5 - Performance Options, select ''Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select'', click on Add, search for the patch file TS3_1.50.56.0210xx_update.exe and add it. After this try installing the patch again.

Message 9 of 15 (3,196 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope still gives me that same error Frown

Message 10 of 15 (3,188 Views)